Uniden stinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjfswkr

I have the BCD 536HP and the clock started not keeping the time. I called Uniden support and they told me to download the latest firmware which I did. I still have the same problem. I called Uniden back and spoke with a woman who was totally useless. She told me what to do and I told her I already did that. She then says there is nothing she can do. I say to her this is how you respond to someone who spent over 500 dollars for their product and she replies I did not make the radio.

Great customer service, will be the last Uniden I ever buy.

Kevin

mitbr

I have the BCD 536HP and the clock started not keeping the time. I called Uniden support and they told me to download the latest firmware which I did. I still have the same problem. I called Uniden back and spoke with a woman who was totally useless. She told me what to do and I told her I already did that. She then says there is nothing she can do. I say to her this is how you respond to someone who spent over 500 dollars for their product and she replies I did not make the radio.

Great customer service, will be the last Uniden I ever buy.

Kevin[/Quote

First off take a deep breathe and try to relax.....you downloaded the latest firmware this should fix the scanner from asking you to set the time. follow the instructions below...
Upon startup, if the clock setting has been lost, you’ll simply be asked if you want to set the clock. If you answer “Yes”, then you will go through the existing dialog. However, if you answer “No” the scanner will set a default (incorrect to real-time) time and otherwise start normally. The default clock setting will allow the scanner to operate normally for events that happen on a timed basis, but otherwise don’t rely on having the actual real time known.
· There will be either a hardware fix or firmware fix coming to fix this problem once Uniden figures out what the cause is.

WQPW689

An addendum to mitbr's post, you don't even have to press anything. After 5 seconds it will default to "No" and you'l be scanning, albeit on "temporary" time.

k3fs

It's been out for a year and a half. There has been no resolution to this issue, or the dimming display. In no way have the analyze features promised been delivered as yet. It is highly likely MOST radios will need to be sent back for these issues. If not now, at some point in the future. At this point it has been stalled enough, that I would not be surprised that they will claim they are out of warranty.

These issues are not new. Why haven't the people answering the phone been handed a better scripted response than this?

When will the promised analyze features be released?

Sad state when the "flag ship" model is the one you are failing on so badly. I do hope Uniden can get it together, and right the wrongs.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Quick ?, if Uniden comes out with a hardware fix are they going to do it for free?

Uniden had a hardware issue with some headphone jacks in early production.

The link below describes Uniden's action in that situation. Uniden sent a pre-paid shipping label, meaning they covered the shipping costs. All a user was out was travel to a UPS facility and going without a scanner for a short time.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-bug-reports/285533-headphone-campaign-details.html

mrkelso

None of it will ever be fixed and Uniden will wait for the class action and pay it. We will wind up with $12 for our stupidity for buying Unidens products. Life goes on and i am sure people will continue to buy Unidens products. Thats just the way it is.

lindsay34654

Everyone is missing the big picture,. Did you buy the scanner to look at the time or listen to the local PD FD and other happenings around you. You do not mention any other part of the not working so I take it the rest of the radio you are happy with. So you BASH the whole company for one item you really use. One other thing are you using battery or AC you never mentioned?

f2shooter

I've got several Uniden products and all of them run just fine. I think they've gotten limited in programming options and made things needlessly complex unless operated in a narrow set of parameters. In other words my 346Xt's are near impossible to program without a computer, truly a pain in the a$$ while my older units are a piece of cake. Still all of them are running flawlessly. Sounds like the company needs some lessons in customer service though.

Otis

k3fs

The advertised analyze features have not been released. What was released was useless, and an insult. As advertised in the video, at 12:17 into it is the advanced analyze features of the Home Patrol 1 Extreme upgrade that users had to pay $100 extra for. That is not what has been released so far. Blatantly missing is the Band Scope. Still missing are the "advanced" trunking analysis features. What was released is the basic trunking info the 396XT, and most other scanners give you from the control channel.

Big picture is when I buy a companies self proclaimed 'Top of the line" product, I expect the best. I expect their best to provide years of use as designed. Instead, I am looking at a radio that has flaws. I am looking at a radio that has a dimming display. The recordings can be difficult to manage if you do not know what time frame you are looking at. My Pro96, Pro2096, and 396XT still work flawlessly and as they were designed to.

Yes, Uniden should hear about it. First they have no way of knowing about issues if it's not brought up. Second, there is nothing wrong with letting them know their stall tactics are getting weary.You find it acceptable to get a product that has flaws, and feel that it should just be accepted? I do hope someone doing research on their next radio reads what is going on, and can avoid the frustration.

It is most telling that 33% would NOT buy the radio again. That is very high. Likely those who just got theirs and not having issues, will soon. They will then change their mind.

mancow

Database Admin
For all the problems it has I will still take it over all the others based on the p25 simulcast handling and superior RF performance.

XTS3000

I'm just waiting for the next problem to pop up, what's next? It's one disappointment after another. ...
SD card corruptions
Dimming display
RTC failure
Analyze Feature's missing
No android app
Wifi - still no ad-hoc mode

Things are just getting worse and worse, with very little being said from Uniden on how they are going to make good on all their original promises. I think 18 months is more then enough time to deliver on promised features advertised from day 1. Uniden rushed these scanners to market, and now doesn't give a rats a55 about making their customers happy with their product.

It's been close to 6 months now on the RTC failure that many of us have, and not a peep out of Uniden except a software patch to hide the problem.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Probably but it will of course cost you 20-30 bux to ship it to them.. I think they should send a check to you for the shipping cost.

As I recall with the headset issue, Uniden sent pre paid shipping labels to people who needed to return their scanners. I'd expect that if the RTC fix involves a return and exchange or return and repair situation, then they'll do the same.

We'll know for sure when the time comes. (no pun intended)

wise871

Database Admin
I just went over to a friends house to check out his WS1095 and the first thing that got my attention was his BCD536 displays. They were dim and it was hard to read the display. What makes matters worse, he just got them back not to long ago for the dimming issue. When he first got them back they were bright. HIs 436 shows the same result. It's gotten to the point were I don't want to turn mine on.

Status
Not open for further replies.