463.2500 - DMR Monitored in Suffolk County

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
In March, during a trip to Long Island (MacArthur Airport area), I monitored DMR on 463.2500 (Color Code 9, Slot 2, Group 60). It sounded like an ambulance service, and "Glen Cove" was mentioned. I couldn't find a plausible license in the FCC database.

Just thought I'd post here, in case anyone has information on it.

Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
I suppose it's possible, but the group received (60) does not seem to fall in the range of the other groups on the OneVoice system.

Dave

KC2zZe

I hate to hijack the thread, but...

w2lie, would you happen to know if North Shore Long Island Jewish's medevac helicopter, SkyHealth1, also uses the OneVoice system? Perhaps operating on the 301001 talkgroup as well?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I haven't been monitoring the system lately, but I would have to assume they are on the OneVoice system. I'm not sure about a TG.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Back to the original topic:
I'm picking up a decent decode (not perfect) on 463.2500.

This is a TRBO simulcast of Nassau County FireCom! Talk Group 60. All transmissions I've logged so far have been from the same RID 93006.

I searched the FCC and came up with a license in Westbury. Details say it will be used for a neighborhood watch program, and it has the TRBO Emissions designator of 7K60FXE http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQTT776

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
I have been listen with DSD+, looks like they are using RAS.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
It looks like they simulcast NCFD Low Band on TG 60, and use TG 90 as a Buff Channel or Talk Around.

Status
Not open for further replies.