WS1080 Bogus wildcard hits - Moto II and P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
My issue is that when it scans some sites and it encounters some stored and/or wildcard TGs, it records them as wildcards for the next system of the same type in the scan order even TGs that are locked out.

I live in the Portland Oregon metro area. I use the WS1080 as a base radio so it only scans this:

Washington / Clackamas / Newberg Moto Type II 800MHz - Clackamas County Simulcast Site
Portland Public Safety / Multnomah County Moto Type II 800MHz - Simulcast site
Portland / Multnomah County 700 MHz P25 Phase I - West Simulcast
Oregon State Radio Project 700MHz P25 Phase II - Chehalem Mtn Site
Conventional
TriMet Transit 700MHz P25 Phase I - Council Crest Site

I have had TGs from the Clackamas County site show up as wildcard hits for the Multnomah County site, Portland 700 TGs show up as wildcards for the OSRP Chehalem mtn site, OSRP TGs show up as wildcard hits for the TriMet Council Crest site eventhough there is conventional in between those two. So the WS1080 is getting confused and records some TGs from the current system its scanning as wildcard hits for the next system. However its only if the next trunked system is of the same type (Moto II and Moto II; P25 and P25. For example it doesn't put Multnomah County Moto II talkgroups as Portland 700 TGs because they are two different system types.

The biggest problem has been the past couple of days because techs on the state radio project have been using prerecorded looped audio messages on two talkgroups for coverage testing. I locked them out but when the radio scans OSRP Chehalem Mtn it records them and the recordings show that they are wildcard hits for TriMet Council Crest which is bogus.

This is only a recording issue. It scans just fine so its not accidentally picking up another system's control channel and they always show up as belonging to the next system. It doesn't happen for every talkgroup, its kind of intermittent.

Status
Not open for further replies.