Sound of music Burlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex288288

so I'm doing parking patrol close to this and picked up all kinds of chatter from this frequency Listed.

Seems to be from backstage people volunteers and staff.
If I find any other channels I will add throughout the day

unsure what channel. Seems to be ch1 though judging from the chatter

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Channel 4

These are very common low power frequencies, probably rented radios for a situation like that. Not sure if the TAFL would show who has access to this frequency but you can look it up if u want.

When Halton was still using its EDACS system the HRPD was extremely active, and a few talkgroups, like "Spec 3" would carry radio traffic. And transit and by-law are active.

To me it's boring, I don't bother to listen. A few years back Halton EMS had an interesting call, a few people felt sick from something they ate or drank, not sure what was going on if it was gas leak or food poisoning. Halton dispatched numerous EMS trucks to scene to help out with the bike units on site and they needed numerous Hamilton EMS to come and help out.

Not sure what was going on, I didn't remember reading about it in any newspaper and I can't remember if the EMS patched to JB, right next door.

Are you working as a volly? If so do u have a radio and close call? The company I just tempted for used 469.xxxx. Not sure of a repeater or tower but I used a MTX9250 some of the time. And I jotted down a few frequencies for different departments.

But it's not really worth submitting cause one of the departments at this job are getting a new radio system and I don't feel comfortable making public anything more than what I am saying.

alex288288

No volly. Just doing parking patrol for a apartment building directly across the road. People seem to think its ok to park in fire zones and leave for hours lol. I figured it was worth a post in case anyone is Down. They are using Halton police as security and they are carrying a radio as well which is open to listen so it's neat hearing the. " **** storms " that go down. I do agree it's rather boring but when stuck outside for 12 hours it's better than nothing. The music doesn't really appeal to me so this is my alt lol

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wondering if u work for a Homestead Building? If so you can look in the DB for the frequency that they use, I submitted it.

alex288288

I do but I work in Oakville buildings. I can't seem to pin the freqs down. But will tell you they are range in 460-500. Ones I use are vertex standard and are digital. They are all different from the looks of it too. Funny you mention that though. I saw on my scanner that they have a db listed in Burlington but unsure which one lol. There are few there so I'm not sure for the one that DB. Has listed.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I do but I work in Oakville buildings. I can't seem to pin the freqs down. But will tell you they are range in 460-500. Ones I use are vertex standard and are digital. They are all different from the looks of it too. Funny you mention that though. I saw on my scanner that they have a db listed in Burlington but unsure which one lol. There are few there so I'm not sure for the one that DB. Has listed.

I was the one who submitted the frequency for Homestead, I am not sure which building you work for and if they use the same Low power frequency for the buildings in question on Lakeshore.

You can prob ask someone in authority and look it up for yourself on the TAFL website, this will show you the list of frequencies matched with the user/owner of said frequency.

Do you guys really use digital P25 radios? I find it hard to believe that management would spring for them, for a low power radio system that is very commonly used by a great deal of users. 469.0 is a very common low power, there are a good deal of people in the area using it.

Knowing Homestead management they sure don't like to spend $ on practical things.

alex288288

I dont know if the one's we use are P25 ( no repeater setup either). I have not been able to catch the freq's but the radio is Vertex Standard EVX-231. most; if not all homestead in hamilton/oak/burl use LPR's mine i was told was in the 500 MHZ because it was a less used frequency in the area. others im not sure.

DaveH

I dont know if the one's we use are P25 ( no repeater setup either). I have not been able to catch the freq's but the radio is Vertex Standard EVX-231. most; if not all homestead in hamilton/oak/burl use LPR's mine i was told was in the 500 MHZ because it was a less used frequency in the area. others im not sure.

Would that be VX-231 (analog) or EVX-531 (analog/digital(DMR))?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.