Baytown, TX TxWARN & BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

archert54

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Uniden BCD536HP and have enjoyed getting back into scanning. I have been out of the game during all of the rebanding and P25 conversion, so hopefully I am just overlooking something. As some of you probably know, the 536 has the Home Patrol database that allows for 'plug and play' use. I entered my zip code and have many hits in the area, but my primary interest is the Baytown area. I receive nothing that has to do with Baytown aside from the 154.250 Baytown Fire simulcast.

I have let it run through the scan modes and see it check the Baytown systems; held it on the department and channel talkgroups; and have manually keyed in the talkgroups. I haven't received any transmissions on the trunked system.

Does anyone have some ideas for what I could try or what I need to do some research on?

Thank you, and Happy Fathers Day to the dads out there.

-Archer

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like the location data that we had assigned to the Baytown talk groups on the system was wrong and pointing to somewhere near LaGrange which is going to cause this issue for you.

I've updated all the Baytown information to point to the center point of Baytown which will eventually resolve this problem for you once Uniden refreshes the database.

In the mean time you might want to build a custom profile with the Baytown Site and Talkgroups until the database refresh is complete from Uniden (and you update your scanner with that data with that updated database which will probably take a week or two)

Hope this helps.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you are only scanning the Houston PS Southeast Simulcast (Site 03-003) as that is the only site La Porte PD operates off of. La Porte FD uses a TRBO system but is patched to 154.13 for fire and 155.625 for EMS.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Service Types

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Uniden BCD536HP and have enjoyed getting back into scanning. I have been out of the game during all of the rebanding and P25 conversion, so hopefully I am just overlooking something. As some of you probably know, the 536 has the Home Patrol database that allows for 'plug and play' use. I entered my zip code and have many hits in the area, but my primary interest is the Baytown area. I receive nothing that has to do with Baytown aside from the 154.250 Baytown Fire simulcast.

I have let it run through the scan modes and see it check the Baytown systems; held it on the department and channel talkgroups; and have manually keyed in the talkgroups. I haven't received any transmissions on the trunked system.

Does anyone have some ideas for what I could try or what I need to do some research on?

Thank you, and Happy Fathers Day to the dads out there.

-Archer

I have monitored TxWarn P25 and have experienced no problems. If I were you, I would check to make sure you have checked the necessary target services you are wanting to monitor. If you don't have LE, LE talk, Fire Talk, etc. checked, you won't hear said traffic.

Texas_Infidel

Premium Subscriber
I still seem to be having an issue with setting up La Porte PD.

I did check the target services LE, LE talk, Fire Talk, etc. and they are enabled.

Are the TGID's I have correct?

16160 3f2 A LaPorte PD 1 La Porte Police 1
16192 3f4 A LaPorte PD 2 La Porte Police 2

Still new at this.

N5AMS

I still seem to be having an issue with setting up La Porte PD.

I did check the target services LE, LE talk, Fire Talk, etc. and they are enabled.

Are the TGID's I have correct?

16160 3f2 A LaPorte PD 1 La Porte Police 1
16192 3f4 A LaPorte PD 2 La Porte Police 2

Still new at this.

what you have there is the analog you need is whats below for digital and site 3-3 as stated before

Harris County - La Porte Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
43010 a802 T LaPorte PD 1 Police 1 Law Dispatch
43011 a803 T LaPorte PD 2 Police 2 Law Tac
43012 a804 E LaPoPD Supvr Police Supervisor Law Talk
43013 a805 E LaPoPD Tac 1 Police Tactical 1 Law Tac
43016 a808 E LaPo PD CID Police CID Law Tac
43017 a809 E LaPo PD SWAT Police SWAT Law Tac

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Realistically all you need is 43010. They almost never use PD 2 (43011) and everything else is encrypted.

Texas_Infidel

Premium Subscriber
One thing I am having issues with is figuring out how to filter out everything except La Porte.

Would this be done with the avoid option on individual ID's or is there a better way?

Thanks

Texas_Infidel

Premium Subscriber
Has there been any changes lately that may prevent monitoring the La Porte PD?

Harris County - La Porte Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
43010 a802 T LaPorte PD 1 Police 1 Law Dispatch

I recently had to send my BCD536HP in to Uniden for repair due to a power surge and upon return had to start from scratch again.

I can monitor everything in the DB except 43010 and have checked and double checked.

I suspect a trunking issue.

What am I missing?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.