BCT15X: Wireless Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordman8970

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone used wireless headphones/Bluetooth head phones with there scanner? I have a little one and want to be able to put the scanner up so he can't reach it. Also don't want to bother everyone in the house with the scanner blasting. Any thoughts??

wtp

it will be fine

my girlfriend uses one for her 396xt. it is great when out for diner at a loud restaurant. the distance seems to peter out at 25 feet inside the house.
remember to get a stereo unit as the jack in the radio is stereo, and a mono will short out half the amp in it.

fordman8970

Premium Subscriber
my girlfriend uses one for her 396xt. it is great when out for diner at a loud restaurant. the distance seems to peter out at 25 feet inside the house.
remember to get a stereo unit as the jack in the radio is stereo, and a mono will short out half the amp in it.

Does she use Bluetooth if so what is the set up how do u connect the headphone to the Bluetooth?

wtp

bluetooth

bluetooth headphone. usually the radio is in her purse and she eats with "one ear out", so we can talk and she tells me what is going on. if important i then listen to my radio. it is very rare i leave the house without it.
whengoing for a long ride i wear headphones. checking out cb and frs, she would not like the language.
also depending on age some kids like to pull at wires, so keep an eye out.

fordman8970

Premium Subscriber
Adding Bluetooth To Your Scanner

Has anyone added Bluetooth to their scanner?? If So how and what bluetooth Device did you use..

R

retiredmich

From what I was told that my PRO 106 is NOT compatible for Blue Tooth, not sure about the others.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I have added BT to scanners in the past. It's just a very basic BT transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack on the scanner and provides nothing but audio to a BT capable speaker or headphones. I think the one I used was a cheapo from Amazon, I know there are others of better quality, though. TaoTronics, Blue Sense and Sena are a few manufacturers.

If you're looking for something more than just audio, you could try one of the bluetooth serial adapters. That would allow a wireless serial data connection over bluetooth between the radio and another device (pc). I don't think audio is available on the scanner serial ports, so you's need another bt setup for the audio side.

As far as compatibility, if the scanner has a headphone jack, you can send the audio over BT. The hardest part may be pairing to the transmitter. I bought one that simply would not pair to anything, can't remember which one it was, though.

Jeff.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Threads merged.

I'm hoping you'll get more answers by having your questions combined.

bfletcher

Premium Subscriber

Voyager

Been using BT for many years. Post 7 has the setup. Just plug the TX into the earphone jack, and pair the TX with the earset, and that's it. I usually have my 436 volume set at about 4 when using BT so it isn't overdriving the TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.