WS 1065 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng86ine

Just purchased the Whistler 1065 - Through the Radio Reference data bases is there a simple programming method ? Is there a software application that supports this device other than Win500 ? I use a GRECOM PSR 800 which came with downloadable software - Is it compatable with the WS 1065 ?

Just wondering how to get this unit up and running without it costing me more money.......

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Just purchased the Whistler 1065 - Through the Radio Reference data bases is there a simple programming method ?

Software will allow to import from the RadioReference Database with a RadioReference Premium Subscription, which you already appear to have.

Is there a software application that supports this device other than Win500 ?

Object Oriented Scanner Software for more information. The biggest players are ARC500 ($39.95), PSREdit500 ($35), and Win500 ($30). All should include some type of trial to allow you to experiment and figure out which you enjoy using better. As far as I know, there is nothing out there that will not cost you additional.

I use a GRECOM PSR 800 which came with downloadable software - Is it compatable with the WS 1065 ?

No.

Just wondering how to get this unit up and running without it costing me more money.......

There's the programming by hand method you could use. It requires time and effort, but no money unless you consider time and effort money. If you want to do that, Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manuals will be a good tool to have and there are plenty of resources everywhere including YouTube videos and previous forum posts.

DJ11DLN

I understand the "gosh, more $$$ to get this thing working?" aspect of it. Still, software to program these radios is a very good investment. If you're familiar with EZScan, you shouldn't have much trouble with any of the programs mentioned. Give all of them a try -- they all give you 30 days before you have to decide -- and see which one you like best before you buy. I like WIN500 but they'll all do the job quite well. Hand programming is a big hassle with these radios. For me it was well worth the extra $30 to get my Pro-197, which is pretty much the same radio as your 1065, programmed. Whether or not it is to you, only you can answer.:wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.