Conneaut Ohi0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec71

I am looking for the Marine chanels for around the Conneaut area for the coast guard, marine patrol & harbor. I am taking my son to the D Day reenactment in August and he wanted to be able to listen in on the scanner. Thanks for the help.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I am looking for the Marine chanels for around the Conneaut area for the coast guard, marine patrol & harbor. I am taking my son to the D Day reenactment in August and he wanted to be able to listen in on the scanner. Thanks for the help.

All the marine channels you need can be found here (it's a pretty safe bet they'll use these):

Maritime Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

If Conneaut or Ashtabula County have their own Marine Patrol they might also use their local dispatch channels, found here:

Ashtabula County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

innokuous1

Premium Subscriber
In looking at the file I load into my scanner for D-Day Ohio I see I have Marine Channels 8 & 71 listed (among others). I think I've heard some landing craft comms on Marine Channel 8 in prior years. Some FRES channels are used during the various battles/skirmishes too.

I also have 123.475 MHz as the Air Boss frequency coordinating aircraft during the landing Saturday afternoon.

The Ohio MARCS Mobile Site has been brought in the past two years and multiple talk groups on that system have been used to coordinate the event.

The W8BHZ amateur repeater (147.390 MHz) in Conneaut is also used during the event. I think mostly to coordinate parking and shuttle buses.

(I know this is the Marine Forum, but I had to throw that other stuff in, since it pertains to the event :)

Status
Not open for further replies.