P25 Phase II Sound Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng86ine

Im still at it almost 5 hours later ......Have my WS1065 85% working however no audio on P25 Phase II System - Frequency displays, LED lights up and flashes - my conventional frequencies are working fine...Just no audio out put on P25 Phase II

Obviously I'm no programming genious....Any advice before I ship this thing back for my $500 back

SCPD

QRT
Is it a non secure system talkgroups your trying to monitor? Have you updated it to latest firmware? I don't have a ws1065 but maybe a setting if not one of the above issues.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... that scanner came out years ago as the GRE psr-500/600... then a few Rat Shack models (who's scanners are made by GRE even though Rat Shack has its own forum)... then Whistler took over GRE and recycled the same old scanner... a little research before buying would have told you... there was no Phase II when that scanner first came out and it will not do P-2... there are a few Uniden (crap) and Whistler scanners that came out in 2014/15 that do P-2 like the WS 1095 that I have... sorry for the bad news but a few seconds of research would have told that before you bought it...

Eng86ine

From the scanner master web site.....
Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking
When monitoring P25 digital systems, instantly adapts the digital decoder to the digital modulation format of the transmitted signal, then analyzes the signal over 50 times each second and adapts to any subtle changes caused by multipath or fading. No cumbersome manual adjustments are required.

Apparently it will decode P25 Phase II or they're false advertising- I'll try latest firmware if I can figure that out without a college degree and an engineering associates degree......

Sorry not trying to be a smart *** .... Just mentally frustrated

SCPD

QRT
Was it a gre 800 that did phase 2? I thought there was firmware for one of them I cant recall which model if you updated the firmware it would do phase2. I thought it was the gre psr 500 or that downline model could be firmware updated to latest and do phase 2. I may be wrong but I thought it was the 500 you could do that to. Least what many told me but I may have the model wrong for old the gre line and ws line.

wmbio

Quote #3 is correct,

Copied from RR wiki,
The following scanners can decode P25 Phase II and Motorola X2-TDMA systems:

GRE PSR-800

Radio Shack Pro-668

Uniden BCD436HP, BCD536HP, HomePatrol-2, BCD325P2, BCD996P2

Whistler WS1080, WS1095

Enjoy
Wmbio

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... of course it does phase I digital but IT DOES NOT DO PHASE II... no where will you see anyone say it does... take it from someone who has 42 years of experience and has used that unit in all of it's different model #'s for years at my newspaper... IT DOES NOT DO P-2 and no one says it does... good luck!.

Eng86ine

Well thanks all - Like I said I'm no scanner pro....just a volunteer firefighter who apparently didn't fully read the advertising....(It was a Father's Day gift ) anyway the ws1065 is in the process of being boxed up and sent back where upon I'm ordering BCD996p2 for $363 - should be here by Wednesday- we'll see how it goes

Thanks again everyone (Yes even those who typed in Caps indicating that I'm an idiot.....yeah well ummmm I'll be nice

SCPD

QRT
Quote #3 is correct,

Copied from RR wiki,
The following scanners can decode P25 Phase II and Motorola X2-TDMA systems:

GRE PSR-800

Radio Shack Pro-668

Uniden BCD436HP, BCD536HP, HomePatrol-2, BCD325P2, BCD996P2

Whistler WS1080, WS1095

Enjoy
Wmbio

Thanks for clarification on it. I got the 800 crossed with the 500.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... just wanted to make sure you understood so you wouldn't keep trying to make it do P-2... you got a good price for the Uniden... if you need p-2 then you need it... very nice gift... not having any experience does not make you stupid and a lesson was learned... you are in the best place here on this site and are smart to be here... programming your new radio will not be easy but you will get all the help you need here... again, nice gift... Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.