Hartford Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger0034

Does anybody know how exactly the HPD talk around channel works ?? Is that particular channel one of the 16 city assigned channels that by passes the repeater system and works in a simplex mode with it's own PL ? or is it a whole separate frequency ??
I realize you have to be with in a mile radius or so to pick it up, but to find it would be easier, to know which frequency it might be ??
Thanks

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know how exactly the HPD talk around channel works ?? Is that particular channel one of the 16 city assigned channels that by passes the repeater system and works in a simplex mode with it's own PL ? or is it a whole separate frequency ??
I realize you have to be with in a mile radius or so to pick it up, but to find it would be easier, to know which frequency it might be ??
Thanks

From what I can hear, they use the system I-call talk group (and it's used and abused way too much IMHO)

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Hartford has conventional channels that may be used. This is different than the EDACS trunking with the "ICALL" feature that allows radio to radio communication, on the trunked system, without using an established talkgroup.

Apples and oranges, depending on what you are referring to exactly.

If you are referring to the conventional channels, my understanding is that its used infrequently as the trunked system has pretty good coverage in the city, but I'd expect to to be used outside of the system radio range (traveling to other towns, etc - when the 8CALL repeaters would be inappropriate).

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard they say to go to "talkaround". As mentioned, they use (overuse) the private call function and also have the HarTac channels.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.