Ballwin Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

mornflt

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a HomePatrol 2 to allow me to listen to Ballwin Police. I programed them into my favorites.I am receiving them on ID 53680. The problem is that I am receiving very infrequent transmissions. Only one or so an hour. I know I must be missing a lot of traffic, so I must have missed something in the programming. Can someone please help?

jhartman

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same problem here in Kirkwood. Just want to hear Kirkwood dispatch. I have an HP-1 and on the system status page I can see signals fluctuating up to 8 out of 10 but practically no decodes.

I hear the dispatcher occasionally and when I do, I hear the other party about 1/2 of the time. However, I only get a few transmissions an hour. Much much less then I was getting when they were analog so I know something isn't right.

mornflt

Premium Subscriber
Ballwin

I also monitored Kirkwood before they went digital and now having the same problem. Happy to know I am not the only one having these problems. Anyone receiving these two departments normally?

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
Most likely a signal reception issue you need to get an external or better antenna we are having the same problems the Tyler that these municipalities are using are pretty far away from the actual location and the scanners just aren't sensitive enough especially inside a building to receive well external antennas have helped but not fully addressed the issue there are a lot of dead spots in the area

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

N2JDS

Just a guess, try turning down your squelch, you'll see it on top row on screen. I find that mine picks up better with lower setting, like 2 dots. Not a sure cure, but worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.