Edisto Beach PD, Palmetto P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
I posted about a month ago and got great information from Brian concerning coverage at Edisto Beach.

I'm now on vacation here and have programmed my PSR500 for the Palmetto P25 system and the Edisto tower. The signal is excellent and I pick up some sporadic traffic from Charleston SO and EMS.

But, I haven't heard the first transmission from the three Edisto Beach talkgroups. I'm wondering if there is something else going on that I'm not aware of. BTW, I've also programmed in the old 460 frequencies but nothing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Program a wildcard for the Palmetto P25 system and see if any unknown talkgroups pop up.

If possible, run Pro96Com on the system for a little while and see what sort of activity it logs.

Another possibility - scan the 851-861 band and see if you can ID any other active control channels. Plug them in and/or check them against the FCC database.

It's very possible that our information for Edisto Beach is incomplete or inaccurate. These are some things to do that can give us clues.

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
Brian, I am please to report that using the wildcard did the trick. I can confirm that Edisto Island (Beach) PD is talkgroup 2971. Edisto Island (Beach) FD is 2972. You may want to change this in the database since it is confirmed. I have yet to hear the Edisto Town Services as 2973 but will advise on this thread if I hear it during the remainder of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.