BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickrz

Hi guys, tonight for the first time my scanner will only pick up conventional channels. When I try to listen to something digital its all scrambled. Even if I manually go through the channels. Any suggestions as to what this might be? Was all working great for the last 2 years

Thanks

RayAir

Hi guys, tonight for the first time my scanner will only pick up conventional channels. When I try to listen to something digital its all scrambled. Even if I manually go through the channels. Any suggestions as to what this might be? Was all working great for the last 2 years

Thanks

The "E" word? Encryption.

First off, what system are you trying to listen to?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
trying to listen to bellfleetnet

Vague dude, what/where/when/how/if:

What are you trying to listen to?
Where are you located, what tower are you trying to pick up?
What time did you hear this?
How is your file set up? Did you make any alterations? Did you use ARC software?

If you were able to receive the transmissions before, what did you hear?

Please answer the above questions and someone or I will try to help, I had a 396T and I can prepare or give you files that should work, especially if you live in Zone 1.

E

tilt404

When you import stuff into the scanner, look carefully on this site for the site/system you program and look next to each TGID to see if its encrypted or not. When you auto program a system through software it will send all you click to import, which could be a lot of items that are encrypted. Fleetnet has a mix of analog, digital and encrypted so you really need to look more carefully at what you import.

Status
Not open for further replies.