HomePatrol II no P25 transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafmaps

Premium Subscriber
I have had my HomePatrol II for about 3 weeks. Software is loaded, channels and frequencies appear to be in the data base but I have absolutely no reception for all the police channels in St. Louis County which has been on the P25 system for about a month. All EMS channels are fine but I just do not know how to make the police channels come through. Yes--I have them selected in Service Types, but I can't hear them. What's going on?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
That is probably not a problem with the scanner itself but the system. These types of regional questions are better suited for the state forums where someone listening to that system can give you answers based on their own experiences.

trido

Premium Subscriber
go the RR database for system see the blue and red control freq?

on scanner hit
menu
advanced menu
quick freq entry
now start to enter one at a time each red and blue freq for the sites.
are you hearing any CC noise on any freq?
Lets be sure you can hear system from your location

phask

Premium Subscriber
Can you point to which system(s) you mean in the RR database? It's a large, complex area. I do know that encyption has been implemented by several users, just from casual reading of posts in the area - but really know nothing about it.

I have had my HomePatrol II for about 3 weeks. Software is loaded, channels and frequencies appear to be in the data base but I have absolutely no reception for all the police channels in St. Louis County which has been on the P25 system for about a month. All EMS channels are fine but I just do not know how to make the police channels come through. Yes--I have them selected in Service Types, but I can't hear them. What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.