Delay difference between Pro-2096>Pro-652/197

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzman66

Been running a 2096 for years 24 hrs a day. Thought it is about time to pull one of my 197s or 652s out of the box and replace it. Kept everything the same on programming (204 conventionals) with only one priority channel, but it seems like the priority on the new models holds longer than the 2096 and in turn, cuts out longer portions of other broadcasts.

Using the ARC500 software and tried various settings under the priority features. No change. I thought I pretty much knew everything about these scanners, but up for some input whether anything else can be done to shorten the hold?

Thanks in advance.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Is your priority channel analog or digital? And do you have a PL/DPL/NAC assigned?

Redneck0410

I never saw the need to use the priority function on my 652, but one thing I did find on mine is if the wx priority ain't turned off it might cause a longer delay on top of the other one. Just something to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It's analog and no assignment. I know the PL can add to the delay, so I run the channel without one.

On the 2096, it is smooth as silk on delay transition, so have no idea why not on the new models.

Ok, do have the modulation set to Auto? If so try FM or NFM (which ever applies).

N1BHH

Each object can have it's own length of delay time. On the Pro-106/197/651/652 you may want to adjust the delay time for each object and also be sure the weather priority is not activated as suggested earlier, that too will cause some of what you described. Sometimes things like that happen.

Benzman66

Each object can have it's own length of delay time. On the Pro-106/197/651/652 you may want to adjust the delay time for each object and also be sure the weather priority is not activated as suggested earlier, that too will cause some of what you described. Sometimes things like that happen.

Weather pri is off. Yep, I thought of that as well, so I am going to go thru and change all the delay settings and play with them for awhile. Was hoping for an easier solution, haha. See if any difference.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Was auto, changed to NFM, not really any difference that I can tell.

Ok, I thought that would have reduced the time it took to decide if any signal on the channel was analog or digital, thus reducing the dwell time.

I tried. :(

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
I set all conventional analog frequencies on my PSR-600 to CTCSS/Search as this locks the channel into analog mode and reduces the delay associated with searching for a possible digital signal.

Changing the DG Int Prime setting to 45 (450ms) or 30 (300ms) can help also.

Status
Not open for further replies.