Wayne County's Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

slee28339

Premium Subscriber
Ok here are my 2 problems I am having and I hope someone on here knows the answers......

I have been trying to get the frequencies and what type of radio system that Wayne County has gone to. According to RR It is suppose to be a VHF band P25 system but the frequencies that are listed on that page DO NOT match up with the frequencies listed on the FCC License for the 6 tower sites in the county. Does anyone have any idea what the correct frequencies are and if it is a P25 system or other type of system so that I can get my buddies scanner programmed for him so he can hear all over Wayne County for his towing company.

Thanks for any and all help that anyone can give me on this in advance!!

jack3726

I believe your going to need a scanner that can do VHF digital trunking. I looked at the DB and it is a multi system as well. The freqs for the license may not match due to rebanding?? You don't mention the type of scanner that you have in your post. For this county do they still use the old freqs or are they full time utilizing the trunking site.

slee28339

Premium Subscriber
The license was renewed in 2014 so the rebanding was already way past being done by then and my scanner is a digital trunking scanner it is a Radio Shack Pro-96 and it picks up the new Viper system just fine but I am not sure which type of system they are using. According to RR its suppose to be a VHF P25 system which is how I have it programmed now but with the different set of frequencies. I looked up the FCC license by the call sign and it gave me the 6 different repeater tower sites in the county for the system and all of them have the same 10 frequencies between them but none are even close to what is on the reference page for the Wayne County P25 system here on RR. I guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet and take an hour trip with my laptop and programming cable and just go to his place in Wayne county and sit and play with the scanner unless I can get someone on here that knows for sure what I need to know to program it here.

slee28339

Premium Subscriber
My friend has the scanner in Wayne County I am in Harnett County and he is CLUELESS when I try to walk him through how to check to see if it is locking in on a control channel. I have already figured out I am just going to have to make the hour long drive to his place with my laptop and programming cable and just sit and work with it until I figure it out unless someone from Wayne Co. that already has the system type and frequencies that they can give me to cut down on having to go spend at least a half a day there playing with his scanner to get it right for him..... Here in Harnett Co we are all on the Viper system so its SO MUCH easier!!!

slee28339

Premium Subscriber
I seen where it has the frequencies but still really doesn't say what type of system it is... I have been told by a repair tech that it could be VHF Trunked or Motorola type 2 or APCO P25 he is going to see if he can make some phone calls and see what he can find out if anything... He did say the county was using a company that is leasing them the system so its hard to find out anything much be he said he would do his best... keeping my fingers crossed now... lol

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
If there is incorrect info in the database please submit verified accurate corrected info so we can help improve the database listing.
That is the only way that the RR database will improve.
Thanks! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Go back and look closely at the data base. They actually have 2 systems. Here is the new system. It is called "Simulcast 11"
Simulcast 11 151.19750c 151.87500c 151.90500c 152.03000c 152.35500c 152.51000c 152.66000c 152.75000c
155.67000c

This is the one you want. I was over there last week and it was working OK. Audio sounded crappy. Nothing like Viper audio but it could be heard.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
OK so it's not just me that noticed the crappy audio. Thought it was. They sounded better on their older P 25 system.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Don't know about removing the old system. Read what's posted on the link here in post No. 6 on this thread if you haven't already. It may help. And don't know why they needed a whole new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.