What browser do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharvey2

My browser of choice for internet work has been Chrome for the last few years. However, as a good part of my work involves logging in to hardware, I often use Internet Explorer for that as some devices don't play well with other browsers. I used Mozilla before Chrome came out but haven't had much opportunity to use many others.

DJ11DLN

Firefox. I really liked Chrome when it first came out but then it seemed to go downhill with later versions. Maybe it's just not "redneck-friendly" enough. Haven't used IE since the mid-1990s.

br0adband

Firefox because it's (still) basically 100% customizable in any respects. It's portable also meaning it runs from inside a single directory/folder aka it's not "installed" like traditional programs are with parts all over the place in several directories. I also have Chrome, Maxthon, and Chromium (the open source version of Chrome) as portable browsers as well. My actual Firefox is a custom compile known as pcxFirefox, for the record, with somewhat improved performance across the board but it's still Firefox overall.

questnz

Firefox because it's (still) basically 100% customizable in any respects. It's portable also meaning it runs from inside a single directory/folder aka it's not "installed" like traditional programs are with parts all over the place in several directories. I also have Chrome, Maxthon, and Chromium (the open source version of Chrome) as portable browsers as well. My actual Firefox is a custom compile known as pcxFirefox, for the record, with somewhat improved performance across the board but it's still Firefox overall.

1+ for Firefox, I been using since version 4 or 5 ever since. It is a personal preference but for customisation of security it is hard to beat. Add ons are, WorldIP, Adblock Plus, Ghostery and HTTPS Everywhere. Menu bar on, It is set to for no tracking, don't accept thirt party cookies and delete cookies and history on exit. Home page, Startpage, search engines, Duckduckgo, Ixquick and Startpage. Web Passwords controled by LastPass plug in.

Last edited:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Im using IE6 ..... I like IE6 ... I do not wanna be spied on and I know IE6 is not spying on me!!

I use MyIE2 however (IE add-on) 99% of the time as I like the more colourful UI and more features I have with MyIE2..... (Tabs,etc)

CapStar362

Im using IE6 ..... I like IE6 ... I do not wanna be spied on and I know IE6 is not spying on me!!

I use MyIE2 however (IE add-on) 99% of the time as I like the more colourful UI and more features I have with MyIE2..... (Tabs,etc)

how are you even viewing anything with IE6 anymore?

and ALL browsers spy unless you know how to control them.

they all generate cookies and they all rely on what the server is sending them ( and listening to )

Status
Not open for further replies.