DSD Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I would like to try DSD, but there seems to be a learning curve for me. I do not understand how one setup the program to work. There seems to be some program switches one has to use to start the program. Also what scanners will DSD support.

Thank you.

reconrider8

You need a tapped scanner or an sdr dongle to pipe raw data into the computer then either vb cable or vac to pipe audio from fmp or sdr# then it should work with some tuning

RonnieUSA

I have a PRO-96, GRE PSR-500, and GRE PSR-800, I think those 3 scanners a discriminator, correct me if I am wrong.

The PSR-800 has a tap already built into it.
Code:
Built in IF discriminator data output can be enabled to the headphone jack and can be used with UniTrunker, Trunk88, and Treport decoders with a standard stereo audio patch cord.

PSR-800 - The RadioReference Wiki

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
The PSR-800 has a tap already built into it.
Code:
Built in IF discriminator data output can be enabled to the headphone jack and can be used with UniTrunker, Trunk88, and Treport decoders with a standard stereo audio patch cord.

PSR-800 - The RadioReference Wiki

To use the PSR-800 discriminator tap, would one have to build a cable from the headphone jack to serial connector on the PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.