BCD536hp Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
My 2 436's show the sites scanned, and when a transmission is active, it displays the site it is recieving, but my 536 does not. Both have been programmed using the same Sentinel software with no changes made for either in the software,,,any ideas?

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Correct. But if you use the 536 with the ARC536, ProScan, or SIREN app, the site and the CC/VC frequencies are shown. So obviously, the 536HP has that information. Why Uniden has not yet made that a display option, still after a year and half, is beyond me. Great scanner, but options for use of the display real estate need to be added in firmware. Same for some display aspects of the 436HP.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's a matter of screen real estate according to UPMan. I'd like it if they would give us the option, but I doubt that's on their priority list right now. There was a thread a while back where a couple of us suggested that it would be nice to be able to configure what we see on the display. Personally, I like to see which trunked site I'm receiving. There is info that I'm not interested in that is displayed and I'd love to be able to replace it information that I do want see.

Correct. But if you use the 536 with the ARC536, ProScan, or SIREN app, the site and the CC/VC frequencies are shown. So obviously, the 536HP has that information. Why Uniden has not yet made that a display option, still after a year and half, is beyond me. Great scanner, but options for use of the display real estate need to be added in firmware. Same for some display aspects of the 436HP.

flat6

It's a matter of screen real estate according to UPMan. I'd like it if they would give us the option, but I doubt that's on their priority list right now. There was a thread a while back where a couple of us suggested that it would be nice to be able to configure what we see on the display. Personally, I like to see which trunked site I'm receiving. There is info that I'm not interested in that is displayed and I'd love to be able to replace it information that I do want see.

I second that! I have far more useful info displayed on my PRO-668 like CC/VC, TGID/ALPHA, as well as site info and it's a much smaller display. Uniden did a poor job for the most part in utilizing available screen real estate on their run screens, especially the BCD536HP. It's even worse when you enable display unit ID, then you get even less information. The PRO-668 gives you line by line configuration options.

flat6

I didn't realize the 668 displayed long text tags.

It doesn't have a large enough display for really long text tags (only about 16 characters) but it does overlay the TGID with the ALPHA TAG from the RR database.

trunker

My 2 436's show the sites scanned, and when a transmission is active, it displays the site it is recieving, but my 536 does not. Both have been programmed using the same Sentinel software with no changes made for either in the software,,,any ideas?
Program each site in its own system.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
It doesn't have a large enough display for really long text tags (only about 16 characters) but it does overlay the TGID with the ALPHA TAG from the RR database.

It certainly does *not* use the ALPHA TAG from the RR Database. It uses the description line.

Status
Not open for further replies.