Would you use the IF output feature?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Discriminator Output provides raw discriminator signal to third party signal decoding software without risky hardware modifications.

How many of the Ws1095 owners, or potential owners, would use this missing (first production run) IF output feature?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
FWIW, I love the feature on my PSR-800. It works better than any other hardware-based input I have for DSD+.

DJ11DLN

I'd want it, though it wouldn't be an absolute deal-breaker (if I got a very good price on a first-run/no-discriminator output unit) since I already have a Pro-668. But since it was a native function to the parent PSR-800, yes I'd prefer that it be present and functional if I buy a full-price 1095.:)

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Ok folks. I sent my 1095 out for the IF upgrade on the 23rd after calling Whistler for the details. They were curtious and followed up with a same day phone call and an Email with return tracking number. If all goes well I shoul have it back Trursday evening to test out. I had to pay shipping to Whistler, but the return shipment is payed by Whistler. The representitve told me that the fix was hardware and a firmware update.

So if you have the first production run (date code 0414) without the IF output, then it should be fairly painless to get it upgraded the same day it reaches Wistler.

marksmith

Another example of top flite customer service from Whistler. I like what I am hearing. Have read now of several encounters with Whistler customer service and all of them sounded like they actually are a customer oriented operation. All reports have been positive.

1095 is definitely in the future in July. Looking forward to it since the winter.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well I'd like to give everyone an update on the IF upgrade, but apparently UPS has the wrong address per the tracking information. Maybe next week? :evil:

Not a warm and fuzzy feeling from the lack of missing IF feature for my date code production run. Then pay your own postage to ship it, to get the "missing" feature, and finally lost in shipment. OK, counting....1, 2, 3,...:roll:

Voyager

Wait a minute. Missing features??? Have they learned NOTHING from this forum? I can't wait to see if this explodes like some other manufacturer. I suspect not because I suspect there are different rules for different manufacturers by the vocal minority. Should be interesting to see what develops (or doesn't develop).

Ed6698

They learned one thing, not make their customers wait for months or years for advertised features to be available or firmware fixes. The IF output is not a advertised feature, so maybe you need to move along back to the other troubled forum where the real problems are.

CVASSB

DaveIN I'm sorry that you have had troubles with the new Whistler 1095 scanner. Have you received the scanner,and how is it doing on the IF output feature?

SCPD

QRT
Just a note .. my 1095 is of the newer production run. Considering .. I just got it in the last 2 weeks, that would mean it may be very possible to get a new version if you buy now.

CVASSB

I thank you all for the information. I've been following the information about the Whistler 1095 for a long time. I'm glad that it's finally out on the market. I bought the PSR-800 when it first came out years ago. I'm looking forward to owning the Whistler 1095. Thanks.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well I'd like to give everyone an update on the IF upgrade, but apparently UPS has the wrong address per the tracking information. Maybe next week? :evil:

Not a warm and fuzzy feeling from the lack of missing IF feature for my date code production run. Then pay your own postage to ship it, to get the "missing" feature, and finally lost in shipment. OK, counting....1, 2, 3,...:roll:

OK, it finally made it back from the UPS debacle. It's working well with the IF output to front headphone jack. I'm currently monitoring a DMR system with DSD+ and DMR Decoder.The "feature" is no longer missing!:D

For those asking via PM, my serial number is 0014xx.

Thanks to Mike at Whistler Group, MA for his help in getting UPS on the right track.

Attachments

• IF Output.jpg
    IF Output.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 424

SCPD

QRT
Just a note .. my 1095 is of the newer production run. Considering .. I just got it in the last 2 weeks, that would mean it may be very possible to get a new version if you buy now.

I made an error ... mine is of the first production run and does not have the IF fix. I do not care as I will never use the radio for that purpose. My serial number is also .. 0014xx

marksmith

OK, it finally made it back from the UPS debacle. It's working well with the IF output to front headphone jack. I'm currently monitoring a DMR system with DSD+ and DMR Decoder.The "feature" is no longer missing!:D

For those asking via PM, my serial number is 0014xx.

Thanks to Mike at Whistler Group, MA for his help in getting UPS on the right track.
That is customer service. My order for a 1095 goes in later this month.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
How do I set the PSR-800 on a frequency to use the discriminator output.

Status
Not open for further replies.