Lavergne TG's (Metro Nashville)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGH78

Good morning. I have my Pro-668 set up with the Metro system and Lavergne TG's, but not picking them up. Assigned them to their own playlist and have searched the forums on configuring everything correctly through the software. I assume that the newer TG's (which changed from the B system TG's) are accurate in the RR database. Anyone have some ideas for me on what I may be doing wrong, or tips on things to check to ensure I have it set up correctly?

Thanks!

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Are you able to hear Metro Fire/PD with your current setup? Good first step to know.

gyjerry

I use the uniden hp 436 here in mt juliet and nashville went dead yesterday !
All cc channels programed in the 436…has been working great until about 24 hours ago!
anybody know whats happened to metro ?

thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Manually check all the freqs and see if they did an CC switch to one previously not an CC. And can you still get the TACN etc? MJ site of the Metro system?

IGH78

Are you able to hear Metro Fire/PD with your current setup? Good first step to know.

No, as I only want to listen to Lavergne and have all TG's locked out except for LPD/LFD. I'll put Metro PD TG's into their own Playlist and see if I can troubleshoot further. Does anyone know which tower Lavergne is hitting? Probably the Cane Ridge/Antioch I'm guessing.....

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Unless your running an yagi, that is not an factor. For overall purposes, Metro only has three sites, the primary simulcast, the MJ, and G'Ville. All of the towers on the main site simulcast the same thing at the same time. P25, LSM. Depending on how close you are to an particular tower in that simulcast, the multipath distortion could affect your reception. If your using an yagi, then one single tower of the simulcast is important, so you can isolate the signal for that one tower. If its the closest to you. The further away that tower is the more multipath is received. On an simulcast system, no matter which tower an agency hits, they are broadcast on every tower in the system. The only users of the system not being on the main simulcast by default are MJ, and G'ville. Both those municipalities have access to the main simulcast if needed, but primarily are on the sites for their locations.

KG4FOT

I have a BCD436 HP that came pre programmed. I have only heard Lavergne Police Dispatch broadcast a few times. Is there another frequency they are using. Does each individual trunked frequencies need to be programmed in with there dec code?

KG4FOT

I am unsure how to check for channel switch. I have BCD436HP and BCD325P2. I have only heard lavergne police dispatch a few times. Does each trunked frequency need to be entered in manually with lavergne dec code for police dispatch.

bg_nashville

I have a BCD436 HP that came pre programmed. I have only heard Lavergne Police Dispatch broadcast a few times. Is there another frequency they are using. Does each individual trunked frequencies need to be programmed in with there dec code?

If you are trying to monitor the Metro P25 system directly from the database in the 436 you will likely have difficulty.

Solution:
Treat the 3 sites as if they are totally separate systems when programming your scanner.

Add the Davidson County Simulcast site to a Favorites List. Set P25 Mode to Manual and P25 Threshold Level to 8. I have found that deleting all frequencies except the primary control channel significantly improves performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.