Pro-668 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Anyone know a good source to get these repaired? I took mine apart because the tape under the screen somehow started to slide up into the viewing area.

While re-assembling it the keypad ribbon came loose. When I attempted to put it back, the whole connector came off. Is this even repairable?

scosgt

WOW. To repair that would require someone who can do surface mount soldering I think.
Check for a local electronics repair shop, if you kept the part you don't need scanner specific repair. Otherwise, you would need to replace the entire board.

R

retiredmich

Give this place a call,

G&G COMMUNICATIONS
Gerry Oliver - Owner
7825 Black Street Rd., LeRoy, N.Y. 14482
Phone: 585-768-8151

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Electronics repair

Look these guys up also, circuitboardmedics.*om. I discovered them last year and have been using them for repairing high dollar automotive electronics. Have not had a problem yet and their pricing is fair. The minimum charge is $99 though for a repair.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to be checking with both places.

I still don't know if it is something I did, or if the component wasn't soldered properly to begin with. I have taken scanners apart for various reasons dozens of times and never had anything like this happen.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Disasters happen, even to people who have messed with this stuff for decades, I broke the display on a friend's scanner, it was the first time, and only time so far, that I've trashed a display on a radio, and only the 3rd or fourth time in nearly 50 years of working on them that I've messed something up. I still have that scanner and it still works, it's just got a hole for a display. Kind of fun to turn it on and watch people look at it. Most people think it shouldn't work without the display, but the radio doesn't know it's gone.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
at the current price of the 668, less than $200 in most cases, you could buy a new one for the repair costs..

Anyone know a good source to get these repaired? I took mine apart because the tape under the screen somehow started to slide up into the viewing area.

While re-assembling it the keypad ribbon came loose. When I attempted to put it back, the whole connector came off. Is this even repairable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6a5-koc5M

PSR-800 same as PRO-668. If all you need to do is put the ribbon back in place, no problem. (A little work, yes, but it can be done). Hope this helps. Note - there is only one ribbon cable - I took a double exposure to show both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.