Help Identifying Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemoor

Feed Provider
159.2175 PL 203.5

I'm thinking either Orange or possibly Ulster County.

I've checked RR and FCC ULS and this frequency is not licensed in this area. It's definitely in use and on a repeater. The signal is strong in Sussex County NJ (Wantage).

I'm asking because Wantage FD was just issued a pair of frequencies (154.3175/159.2175) for a FD FIreground repeater buildout. I've been monitoring them and found this one to be active. If it ends up on the input or output side it's going to cause some interesting intermix problems. I'm also curious because it sounds like a law enforcement agency (perhaps sherif) but no license exists, either active or expired.

Thanks for the help

RonnieUSA

159.2175 PL 203.5

I'm thinking either Orange or possibly Ulster County.

I've checked RR and FCC ULS and this frequency is not licensed in this area. It's definitely in use and on a repeater. The signal is strong in Sussex County NJ (Wantage).

I'm asking because Wantage FD was just issued a pair of frequencies (154.3175/159.2175) for a FD FIreground repeater buildout. I've been monitoring them and found this one to be active. If it ends up on the input or output side it's going to cause some interesting intermix problems. I'm also curious because it sounds like a law enforcement agency (perhaps sherif) but no license exists, either active or expired.

Thanks for the help

This one could be your Sheriff.
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQQI424 - STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT DELHI

W3DMV

Here are some licenses from the FCC files.

WQIU230 Manasquan (Monmouth Co) FB-2 15W NFM (84 miles)

KEF669 Schoharie Co, NY FB-2 50W NFM (98 miles)

WQRN945 Great Neck, NY (Nassau Co) FB-2 25W (55 miles)

KAZ891 Oceanport (Monmouth Co) FB-2 25W (73 miles)

WQSL356 Saint Lawrence Co, NY FB-2 50w (224 miles)

--------

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I doubt the upstate Ny ones KEF699 (not 669) is so far north.....Delhi is in a hole....i'll bet is something close to the freq's in question..not on the freq itself.....my 2 cents...

KC2zZe

Mountain, I wonder if you're on to something there...

New York State DEC's EnCon Police use 159.225 as a repeater output, with a tone of 203.5, off their Sam's Point tower, which would fall in line with the OP's suspicion of the source being from Ulster County.

moor, what sort of device are you listening to 159.2175 on? I suspect that it isn't a commerical / public safety grade reciever...and even if it is, the .0075 MHz difference could be a challenge to sort out. Listen for car numbers in the (7N)300 series to confirm my suggestion...

Last edited:

joemoor

Feed Provider
I've just reviewed some of the recordings and I did hear "Sam's Point" referenced in one otherwise it's "Central". You are correct at the non-commercial receiver (BCT15X). I've turned attenuation on on the 159.2175 and still have .225 programmed both with tone search enabled. I will see what I hear over the next week.

Thanks for the feedback.

Joe / N2TQL

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Central is NYS DEC's main dispatch site Up north (Forget name of town) there using the internet to run there towers from one site i am told. Thank god for scanners that do PL and DPL a lot of new stuff bleeding in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.