Toronto Fire radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokey

I would like to get a Motorola radio and have it programmed for Toronto Fire on the new system. Any suggestions as to what radio to get and where I could get it programmed for those channels?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Oh boy. Better buckle up, as this type of question usually gets a rocky response.

TFS isn't really even on the new system yet, are they?

bigcam406

yes they are on the new system and its also being simulcast on the the old system.i listen to them on both,the OP would be better off buying a newer scanner than a Motorola radio,if he wants to monitor.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
They aren't entirely on the new system yet. It's mix-and-match. Though for the most part, the vast majority of users are on the new system now.

Head over to p25.ca and you'll get intelligent responses.

VE3RADIO

When can we expect all of Toronto Fire to be on P25. I ask as today I just bought a MTS 2000

You are the perfect example of someone that should not even be touching anything Harris/Tait/Motorola. You do not have enough knowledge to buy the right radio let alone try to program one.. save yourself the trouble and buy a scanner.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
When I paided $20 for a radio in perfect condition and the person I bought it from programmed fire in it for me for no addition cost. I think I did good for a few more week until they go 100% Digital

As long as your aware in a few weeks or days it will become a paper weight. You will require a XTS type radio for Fire down the road if your going the Motorola way. That's based they don't go encrypted, but i don't think that will happen. Time will tell.

_jabber_

This guy sounds "very" familiar. Much like the like the guy who kept asking to hear something on live audio feeds awhile back. Was it Mississauga Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.