Monitoring Glacier National Park - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've spend the past week or so on both the West and East sides of the park, and finally was able to identify the Park Rangers Law Enforcement frequency on the East side of the park after spending two days in Many Glacier.

The law enforcement park rangers repeaters in use across the park are:

169.6875 - P25 - NAC 144 - West LE (Apgar, Lake McDonald, West Glacier, Fish Creek etc)
166.2375 - P25 - NAC 144 - Logans Pass LE (Going to the sun road, Logans Pass)
170.5125 - P25 - NAC 146 - West LE (St Mary's, Many Glacier etc)

I also logged an East LE frequency of 169.7125 NAC 146 as well but I could pinpoint it's exact use. If anyone has further details on this one let me know.

When in the park, keep an eye on all the "Parkwide" repeaters in use listed below. The non-law enforcement rangers use these repeaters for back country check-ins, reports of wildlife, and other general park operations. (Page down to the Glacier National Park section)

Montana Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Most of the road construction on the going to the sun road this year is on the east side of the park where they are resurfacing the road. I logged the crews directing traffic using 152.870 PL 94.8. You can expect delays of 15-30 minutes if driving from Logans Pass to St Mary's lake.

If anyone has anything to add, please let me know and I'll update the database and this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.