536--Nothing to scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

I have a favorites list enabled for scan, but it gives the message "nothing to scan". what am I doing wrong?

mitbr

I have a favorites list enabled for scan, but it gives the message "nothing to scan". what am I doing wrong?

Most common reason is the service types are not enabled so check that first if that is ok then check that the scan list is enabled menu system. Look under "Set Scan Selection" then "Select Lists to Monitor". Make sure the FLs that you want to monitor are set to ON.
Tim

bee

Don't know what I did wrong, but I did a restore--reset user settings. That solved the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

genealle

Most common reason is the service types are not enabled so check that first if that is ok then check that the scan list is enabled menu system. Look under "Set Scan Selection" then "Select Lists to Monitor". Make sure the FLs that you want to monitor are set to ON.
Tim

I've been struggling with that issue for a week now. Everything was fine until I added 3 TGIDs to my Fav list and uploaded to the scanner. All of sudden, "Nothing to Scan".I checked the profile and made sure ALL Service Types were selected. Still nothing. At some point during multiple attempts to load a working profile I checked the Service Types list and found that NONE were checked and I could not select them manually. WTF? In desperation I created a new profile and built a new Fav list and uploaded it. Eureka! It worked. Later I made a change to the list and uploaded it and was back to the same Nothing to Scan problem. This time I uninstalled Sentinel and reinstalled it. Bingo, worked again. Dunno what's going on but right now it works and I'm afraid to make a change. :(

mitbr

I've been struggling with that issue for a week now. Everything was fine until I added 3 TGIDs to my Fav list and uploaded to the scanner. All of sudden, "Nothing to Scan".I checked the profile and made sure ALL Service Types were selected. Still nothing. At some point during multiple attempts to load a working profile I checked the Service Types list and found that NONE were checked and I could not select them manually. WTF? In desperation I created a new profile and built a new Fav list and uploaded it. Eureka! It worked. Later I made a change to the list and uploaded it and was back to the same Nothing to Scan problem. This time I uninstalled Sentinel and reinstalled it. Bingo, worked again. Dunno what's going on but right now it works and I'm afraid to make a change. :(

When you open Sentinel click on edit then edit profile make sure your monitor lists are checked on along with the service types you want before you upload to your scanner.
Tim

genealle

When you open Sentinel click on edit then edit profile make sure your monitor lists are checked on along with the service types you want before you upload to your scanner.
Tim

Checked and double checked. Like I said, the odd thing was I checked ALL Service Types yet after the upload, the scanner had none checked nor would it let me change any of them. Monitor and Download are both on. Problem happens when I make a change to the Fav list.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The "Nothing to Scan" question comes up frequently. The link posted above is an excellent means to figure out what may be going on.

Perhaps the moderators could make a Sticky of that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.