WS 1080 Clock Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsh1885

Every time I turn the scanner on it prompts me to reset the clock. Why? Is there anyway to bypass this? I went through the settings and I couldn't find anything. I know all I have to do is hit SKIP or SEL, but it is such a waste of time.

lsh1885

Only way to avoid that prompt is to keep batteries in it.

It annoys me too.
The batteries were in it, this is just from turning the scanner on. By the way the time and date are correct so it doesn't make sense that I would need to reset the clock. Here is something else I have noticed the drain on the batteries is huge even when the scanner is off. If I don't use the scanner for a couple of days the batteries are totally dead?

Last edited:

Swipesy

The batteries were in it, this is just from turning the scanner on. By the way the time and date are correct so it doesn't make sense that I would need to reset the clock. Here is something else I have noticed the drain on the batteries is huge even when the scanner is off. If I don't use the scanner for a couple of days the batteries are totally dead?

That being the case then the only thing I can think of is that you set the time from the keypad rather than by your computer and you did not press SEL to save the changes. There are no other settings.

lsh1885

I did not see anything on the software for setting the date and time so I don't know I could possibly set it with my PC. Oh well, this is something I can live with I suppose, thanks for everyone's help.

Swipesy

I did not see anything on the software for setting the date and time so I don't know I could possibly set it with my PC. Oh well, this is something I can live with I suppose, thanks for everyone's help.

See below for Clock Set.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 354

Ed6698

What kind/brand of batteries are you using? If rechargeable are you charging them in scanner? I have had my scanner for 8 months and have never had the clock reset.

lsh1885

Thanks I wasn't looking for it under the scanner/sd card tab.

I am not recharging the batteries in the scanner, I am using a stand alone charger with Panasonic 2300 MAH batteries.

Swipesy

Thanks I wasn't looking for it under the scanner/sd card tab.

I am not recharging the batteries in the scanner, I am using a stand alone charger with Panasonic 2300 MAH batteries.

Hopefully it solves your problem. The PSR-800 series of scanners have no static memory in them - no power no settings saved. That is why I use a AC to USB unit on mine so I can take batteries out without losing settings. Resetting the Clock is a nusiance.

jackj

My PSR-800 holds the clock setting while I'm changing the batteries. I don't know how long it will hold but it is over the 2 or 3 minutes it takes me to replace the batteries. I believe that the clock is the only thing that isn't written to the SD card so it should be the only setting you would loose.

DJ11DLN

Don't take it so hard, folks...my Pro-18 will nag me to set the clock if it's de-powered for 30 seconds or so...and it doesn't even have a clock!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.