Plainville Pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
P25 $110 but very likely that they can use the system in mixed mode, digital/analog.

chris

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that they are currently using both,
same Freq with NAC 110
They will be switching once all the bugs are worked out of the new P25 system
on 6/27 I personally spoke to an officer that I did not hear the dispatch for, I questioned if they had switched to Digital and how long ago. He stated 3 days ago but they were still "Tweaking" the system
Until I no longer hear the Analog I will be placing both into my scanners
BCD996XT, BCD996P2, Pro 2066-2, BC245XLT

Last edited:

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
I heard that there were some glitches and had temporarily gone back to analog. As soon as the glitches are figured out they will return to digital again. Can anyone confirm it is a P25 system?

55engine

Premium Subscriber
i Looked at scann New England.com they come up with a frequency which is a new one 159.0300 nac 110 so let's program that one into the radio and see what happens

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Well like I said go to that website and go on a nice Connecticut and go to Hartford County looking Plainville and you'll see it its p25 nac code 110

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
So I was talking to the Police Chief last week and there is a software glitch that is causing them to switch back to analog. He was hoping the issue would be solved soon. So we are looking for a scanner to replace our current one on our apparatus floor and it looks like the BCD996P2 will do, can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

55engine

Premium Subscriber
There is a scanner out there BCD 996 xt that will do Digital trunk systems and conventional but if they go to phase 2 trunk system you will need a face to radio like a 436 536 996 p2 indie ger 800

cg

Premium Subscriber
They are conventional P25/analog mix now. There is no P25 Phase 2 conventional so unless you are thinking your town is going to spend several million dollars on a trunking system, you should be safe with any P25 capable radio.

chris

AryaWoofer

After not hearing anything on my scanner for the Plainville PD in the past couple days, I thought my good ol' trusty BC245XLT gave up and went to radio heaven. Did some searches and found this thread. I guess it's time to start researching a new radio!
Tom

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Ya after some research I think we will go with the 996P2. Wanna also try to get NBFD as well

Status
Not open for further replies.