BCD436HP Setting a department to not be interrupted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJParamedic

Hey guys, I monitor several agencies around me, but I'm also a volunteer firefighter and want to here only my department when a call comes in.

My question is- Is there a way to set a frequency to not be interrupted? So let's say even if I'm listening to X police department if a call comes in at Y fire department it will automatically interrupt the feed I'm listening to so that I can hear it?

Thanks

Voyager

If you want to monitor a single channel, press the CHANNEL button and it will only monitor the channel shown. To change that channel, use the scroll knob. Make sure Weather Priority, Channel Priority, and Close Call are disabled.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The answer depends on several things. Are you scanning only conventional frequencies and not a mix of conventional and trunked systems? If so then you might want to use Priority Scan Mode.

You would set the Prority Interval to how often you would want a Priority frequency or frequencies to be checked for activity. The default value is 2 seconds. After setting that you would edit the applicable channel(s) so that P-Ch is On.

If you are scanning a mix of conventional and trunked systems, you can do the above with a "but". If your scanner has stopped on a trunked system, it will not "hop off" that trunked system to check for activity on a conventional priority frequency. Only when the scanner "has done its thing" on a trunked system and is back to scanning conventional frequencies, will it check for activity on a priority channel/frequency.

Voyager

If you use any priority channels, you will have the chance for interruption, as a second priority channel will jump there and the first priority channel will be ignored.

The only way to monitor a channel without interruption is as I mentioned, and that will work with conventional or trunked channels.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think he is talking about a situation where he is listening to the police, but if there is something happening on the fire channel, his scanner will go to the fire channel.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I think he is talking about a situation where he is listening to the police, but if there is something happening on the fire channel, his scanner will go to the fire channel.

Best hope for that would be to set it as the ONLY priority channel in the scanner and use Priority Scan mode. However, if it's a trunked channel, it will only hop over to the fire channel when the scanner is monitoring the control channel. It won't jump in mid transmission. On conventional freq's it will, but not trunked.

-AZ

Voyager

Maybe he will clarify what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.