mercer county trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... they do use it as a response ch.... I heard Hamilton fire told to use that TG the other night when responding to a wreck instead of SR-1... not sure why.

bailly2

a firefighter told me its a mutual aid talkgroup, used in remote areas like the turnpike

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... that makes sense... Hamilton was told to use countywide instead of SR-1 when responding to a wreck on 295 by the scenic overpass today...

Griggs

Feed Provider
The countywide TG is used primarily for any incidents on limited access roadways. It is designed to eliminate having to make "game-day decisions"on calls where resources from two different municipalities are being called to an incident. For example, I-295 at MM 65: units from Lawrence and Hamilton would typically respond. So instead of having to pick and choose a talk group, all units come together on one common TG, countywide....

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... good info Griggs... if I could ask you a Mercer question?... I have not heard the UHF Princeton Boro channel in a long time... I don't see a talkgroup on the Mercer County trunked system... are they dispatched now on the Princeton Twp 453.625 PL 103.5 or are they on the TRS and it's not listed?... thanks... Bob...

Griggs

Feed Provider
... good info Griggs... if I could ask you a Mercer question?... I have not heard the UHF Princeton Boro channel in a long time... I don't see a talkgroup on the Mercer County trunked system... are they dispatched now on the Princeton Twp 453.625 PL 103.5 or are they on the TRS and it's not listed?... thanks... Bob...

I believe everything was transitioned over to the township frequency with the merger, I am not 100% sure on that. I don't think they went to the P25 digital system, at least not that I am aware of...

mg3610

Premium Subscriber
Princeton EMS uses the VHF repeater. Princeton Fire uses P25 on the North Region.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... thanks Griggs... I was pretty sure they did merge but just wanted to make sure before I program a new radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.