Whistler 1095 SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

john56

I just received the 1095, and would like to make another SD card for backup. Does the EZ Scan software
load the database onto the blank card from the PC? Or do I have to put the blank SD card into the scanner
and do it.....I did not see anything in the manual that goes in depth on this....

Thanks,
John

SCPD

QRT
You can do several things .. backup your scanner configuration to archive (zip file) for safekeeping and store on your computer. (File / Save to Archive item).

You can also program a copy of your data to another SD card which sounds like is what you may want ...

I would use the 'Prepare Scanner Memory / SD Card' and then 'Copy Configuration to Scanner' options.

You will find these options under the Scanner / SD Card Menu item.

I personally use a SD card reader (USB or maybe built in) for doing such things. It is the way to go .. as it is so much faster than trying to copy the data to the scanner directly.

Last edited:

marksmith

The way I have always done this is to copy the contents of the card into a directory on my PC using an adapter into my PC's SD slot. That way I have a backup there. To make a backup SD card I just copy that directory to a new blank card.

This way I also have backups of the ezscan software too.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

SCPD

QRT
You are probably right ... in my example, there is an assumption that your programming in the software is complete and the same as what is on the card.

That may or may not be the case ..

I always have an archive copy of my config in case my card gets corrupt. (which incidentally I have never had happen .. using the external USB card reader or computer SD slot)

The EZScan software is also not on the card .. pretty certain of that. It is only on your computer.

john56

whistler 1095 SD card

Thanks for the info....will try the suggestions you guys
Offered. I was planning on getting a separate card reader for my PC

John

marksmith

You are probably right ... in my example, there is an assumption that your programming in the software is complete and the same as what is on the card.

That may or may not be the case ..

I always have an archive copy of my config in case my card gets corrupt. (which incidentally I have never had happen .. using the external USB card reader or computer SD slot)

The EZScan software is also not on the card .. pretty certain of that. It is only on your computer.
The functioning ezscan software once installed is on your PC. But I think it originally came from the original card in the scanner on initial setup.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

SCPD

QRT
The functioning ezscan software once installed is on your PC. But I think it originally came from the original card in the scanner on initial setup.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

That is why I never noticed .. the original card, I never use them. Dumpster diving may get it back right about now.

jackj

Backups

I just received the 1095, and would like to make another SD card for backup. Does the EZ Scan software
load the database onto the blank card from the PC? Or do I have to put the blank SD card into the scanner
and do it.....I did not see anything in the manual that goes in depth on this....

Thanks,
John

The EZScan software stores a complete copy of your scanner's database and option settings on your computer. The scanner does not have any of this data internally, it's all on the card. So you can just copy the card or use EZScan to program a spare card.

Your idea of having a backup card is a good one now that SD card are so cheap.

w4rp

Premium Subscriber
Class 10 SD

i was a little dismayed at the speed of the load time so I bought some class 10 SD cards. They Do NOT work with the scanner!

SCPD

QRT
i was a little dismayed at the speed of the load time so I bought some class 10 SD cards. They Do NOT work with the scanner!

The load time that you see will not be impacted by the card speed .. ie Class 10. It is related to the physical size of the card .. and it has been found to be 1 second per GB.

I (and many others) have class 10 cards that work just fine .. it is not the speed of the card that is preventing them from working. Some manufacturers cards work .. some don't.

jackj

Not in my experience

...it is not the speed of the card that is preventing them from working. Some manufacturers cards work .. some don't.

I have used many brands of cards in my PSR 800 and have never found one that didn't work when properly formatted. It needs to be formatted as FAT or FAT32, depending on the size of the card.

edmscan is correct about the speed of the card not affecting the load speed. The card speed is the maximum data transfer rate the card can handle but the actual data transfer rate is determined by the device as long as the device isn't exceeding the card's rate.

jackj

How about I have that guy in the fishing hat put a dollar on the line, you pay the shipping. hehehe

Seriously, did you try formatting them using the SD Formatter from Trend Micro? I have had two SD cards that Windows reported as properly formatted that weren't and wouldn't work in my 800. I ran the SD Formatter on them and they worked.

That's not to say that your Sony cards are NOT bad but if Windows reports them as good....well....

Status
Not open for further replies.