Edison Township

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I'm in Edison, and on my BCD536 i'm picking up very little from their trunked system. I realize that their police is encrypted, but Edison Fire is the only department i'm getting. The RR database shows 20-25 other talkgroups, such as Public Works, Transportation, etc.

I checked the frequencies and other settings in my scanner, and they match what RR has.

Is there anyone else in central NJ who is receiving more than just Edison Fire?

George

ansky

I'm not familiar with your particular scanner, but check to see if it has a Services setting where you need to tell it which services you want to hear (like public works, transit, etc.). I have a Home Patrol 2 and was missing some transmissions until I had the Services settings corrected. I don't monitor Edison so it may be a different issue for you.

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ansky, but i do have the proper services enabled. Maybe the answer is that the talkgroups i'm not hearing just aren't active.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Public works almost never uses their radios about 95% don't even work I have been told and the whole Edison TRS system is being held together with duck tape the only talk groups you will really here is fire EMS is handled by JFK and dispatched on JEMS 1 only time you will hear EMS is when their special Ops team is called out or for a e event in town the same holds true for OEM

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Robert. At least now i know that i'm hearing everything there is to hear.

Do you think there's a possibility that Edison would join NJICS or the new Middlesex County 700mhz system?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yes they are (regarding the NJICS). My best friend is the deputy OEM coordinator & it is being considered as one option.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Its hard to say what they will do I know they tested county radios on the EDACS system and had bad results due to dead spots I understand they could not even talk across the hall at headquarters as for the County 700 only time will tell I also know from my contacts the higher ups were in union county and liked how the State 700 sounded but have not heard of them doing any testing.
All this comes from a very good source and I will keep everyone updated as I get updates.

Robert

W2SJW

Database Admin
EPD has so many internal problems that the county or the state should force them to drop their encryption as a means of transparency to the public...

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 4

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Middlesex County will likely have NJICS talkgroup being brought up in the near future. Probably shortly after they switch on the 700mhz system. As to what will be broadcasted on it is still a mystery. Maybe Edison will buy some space on it. Maybe Middlesex Borough as well or Dunellen switch from Somerset and go to our county ( very doubtful there). Well time will tell.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
since this thread is about Edison can we keep it at that and not about county or site 700 please stay on topic

Analogrules

They sounded great back in the day when the police and fire were analog on 460 MHz. When something isn't broken, they shouldn't have tried to fix it.

GM

Premium Subscriber
They sounded great back in the day when the police and fire were analog on 460 MHz. When something isn't broken, they shouldn't have tried to fix it.

The system was broken for a number of years with band-aid fixes; that's why they went to a trunked system back in October 2002.

Is Edison Township still operating on their Trunked System?

Yes they are still.

Status
Not open for further replies.