BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Analyze LCN Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Analyze lists "Found LCN 4/5", but how do I get a list of the LCN numbers and other info? The only option I can find is to exit the Analyzer.

henrygb

The only way I found to this option to work , is using software provided by Uniden http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate/RH-536HP_mkII.zip , using the LCN finder , in software appears with a grid frequency vs LCN . The scanner until I find all LCN not give a final result , I guess at the end should be kept in the system which found LCN
however in the LTR stantard system that is in my area does not match what is on the scanner with the function LCN finder

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Using Software

Does this website to the software goes into the 536HP, or does this program work on it's own? Or is this the actual program in the Analyze LCN Finder?

henrygb

This program run in a windows pc using the wifi dongle connected to BCD536HP
Run it, use the IP scanner, look at tool, and then LCN Finder. All this in the software. Again you need wifi dongle conected to BCD536HP, and configure it to a router (easy way)

k3fs

I would like to know how the LCN finder works. Will it read the data burst on each channel? Does it go by subaudible info on the freq? A combination of both?

I have an LTR system locally I am trying to confirm the LCN info I have is correct. This radio has yet to get all 5. It has not yet said All LCN Found, Save Found LCN. I have been "analyzing" this system every day on my way into work, and way home. No luck. I cannot pick this up at home or I would have run another program to get this data.

There appears to be know way of showing what it has found. There is no saving a 3/5, or 4/5 find. I have hit enter with partial results and get the quick beeping sound of wrong button, try again.

It would be nice to have the advertised features of the "advanced radio analysis and discovery modes of the HP 1 extreme upgrade". Still waiting for Uniden to deliver what was advertised.

LCN Finder for EDACS reboots my radio after inputting what system to analyze. Another useless function for an expensive radio.

k3fs

The system still has not been able to get the info for my local system. I have confirmed there are data bursts on all channels.

There is no way to look at partial data gathered. It is all or nothing with this "feature".

This is not even close to the features that were advertised.

I have had no luck at all with EDACS.

MStep

Does this website to the software goes into the 536HP, or does this program work on it's own? Or is this the actual program in the Analyze LCN Finder?

The LCN finder function works so well on the HP-1 as a stand-alone program within the unit. I was under the (mistaken??? -- I don't think so!) impression that would have worked in a similar fashion in the 436/536 units. GIven the difference in the screen on all three units, I thought perhaps that holdup with in figuring out how to format the information properly for the 436/536 screens, but apparently there are other issues even when you use the dongle with the remote app. Is that what I'm getting from this thread?

Hulca

Is there an instruction manual on how to use the analyze feature?
Is someone going to do a video on YouTube?

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
It has been a few months since this thread was active, and I was wondering if the LCN Analyze Finder was any more reliable. I haven't found a lot of information on this site or youtube about this feature.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
LCN Finder - on all Uniden's radios that offer the feature - sorts the LCNs into their correct order, and saves it to the system being analyzed, but only after the full sorting is complete. If you've only got 3 or 4 out of 5 frequencies sorted out, you can't save the results. If you're using an HP1/HP2, or the PC display mentioned in post #4, you can take down the info by hand and then reprogram the system yourself in Sentinel or on the radio itself.

SOFA_KING

LCN Finder - on all Uniden's radios that offer the feature - sorts the LCNs into their correct order, and saves it to the system being analyzed, but only after the full sorting is complete. If you've only got 3 or 4 out of 5 frequencies sorted out, you can't save the results. If you're using an HP1/HP2, or the PC display mentioned in post #4, you can take down the info by hand and then reprogram the system yourself in Sentinel or on the radio itself.

Figures...first time I needed this function (to hunt down Florida SLERS stuff missing in the RR DB) and all I get is "Found LCN 5/6". What good is that? Come on! :mad:

Throw us a frickin BONE here!

Phil

SOFA_KING

Hold on a minute...I THINK IT WORKED!

Feeling bummed out that the Remote Head software did nothing, and sick of seeing it sitting there with 5/6, I walked away to get a beer and came back to see it said 6/6. 6/6??? And it prompted me to save the LCN setting. Pressed ENTER on the 536 and it's NOW TRACKING SLERS in my local area. Lots of ENC traffic, but at least I'm grabbing TG ID numbers like crazy in ProScan.

Everyone give that feature another try. Maybe they fixed it on the last update. :)

Phil

PS - Going hunting now...gotta get those missing sites nailed now that I have the tools. ;)

SOFA_KING

Lcn finder now works!

All those trying to use this...Give it another try!

IT WORKS! :)

Phil

Feeling bummed out that the Remote Head software did nothing, and sick of seeing it sitting there with 5/6, I walked away to get a beer and came back to see it said 6/6. 6/6??? And it prompted me to save the LCN setting. Pressed ENTER on the 536 and it's NOW TRACKING SLERS in my local area. Lots of ENC traffic, but at least I'm grabbing TG ID numbers like crazy in ProScan.

Everyone give that feature another try. Maybe they fixed it on the last update. :)

Phil

PS - Going hunting now...gotta get those missing sites nailed now that I have the tools. ;)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider

Phil

Check out what your scanner shows as the LCNs now and submit them to the RRDB :)

SOFA_KING

Check out what your scanner shows as the LCNs now and submit them to the RRDB :)

Oh I will. I'm way out here and just bagged my 4th tower site. Waiting on 4/5 next to the Okeechobee Correctional tower. Trying to stay out of prison though. :D

Heading to downtown Okeechobee next. Making major progress.

And no, Dan. I have been driving around with my 536 (no antenna on it) collecting all ground zero tower frequencies. Then I program them in to a new system on my 436 and set all to LCN 0. After that I run the LCN finder and let it do its thing. Then extract the results from that FL and save the archive in Sentinel. Believe it or not, the hardest part is separating the tower frequencies. The 536 is so sensitive that even with NO ANTENNA it can pick up multiple towers. The tower at Ft. Drum is way back on mud roads along the turnpike. I tried to drive the mud roads but had to stop or risk getting stuck. Back to Ft. Pierce and up the turnpike. I think I got them all, but you can't stop on the side of that road.

Down to my next site! This is fun!

Phil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.