• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 3000 Only 1 CHANNEL WORKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParamedicSid

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I'm trying to program a used XTS 3000 model 1 bought used/ working from Canada. I read the radio, modified the code plug and successfully wrote to the radio with no errors. The soft keys work, channel 1 (conventional) transmits and receives as it should but the other 15 conventional channels have a steady tone, even the 2 that are Rx only (as if they are unprogrammed)? I have gone through all the channels in CPS and made sure all channels were set up the same as channel 1. there are no errors in the log, There is no secure options enabled. Any suggestions on what could be preventing channels 2-16 from being programmed?

Motorola XTS 3000 (model 1)
Model: H09KDC9PW5AN
Flash code: 549008-001C00-3
System package: H38
Max. channels: 48
CPS version: R05.03.00

~Sid

ParamedicSid

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Rescue 161, that was what I was missing. I made 1 zone, put the 16 personalities in that one zone and all is good.

Sid

sfd119

Hello,
I'm trying to program a used XTS 3000 model 1 bought used/ working from Canada. I read the radio, modified the code plug and successfully wrote to the radio with no errors. The soft keys work, channel 1 (conventional) transmits and receives as it should but the other 15 conventional channels have a steady tone, even the 2 that are Rx only (as if they are unprogrammed)? I have gone through all the channels in CPS and made sure all channels were set up the same as channel 1. there are no errors in the log, There is no secure options enabled. Any suggestions on what could be preventing channels 2-16 from being programmed?

Motorola XTS 3000 (model 1)
Model: H09KDC9PW5AN
Flash code: 549008-001C00-3
System package: H38
Max. channels: 48
CPS version: R05.03.00

~Sid

Does it show Unprogrammed on the screen or does it display your channel name?

sfd119

Please read posts, his problem was fixed.

Well, when I replied to the thread, his reply wasn't there. I'm guessing it's because he's on moderation so a Moderator had to approve his post to be visible. Once a Moderator approved the post, it showed up above mine.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Well, when I replied to the thread, his reply wasn't there. I'm guessing it's because he's on moderation so a Moderator had to approve his post to be visible. Once a Moderator approved the post, it showed up above mine.

You have chosen wisely...

hitechRadio

No problem, I completely understand. It has happened to me a time or two.

I said posts, I meant all posts, as he said MDL1 XTS3000 which does not have a display. As I am sure you are aware of I'm guessing, but you may have just missed that part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.