think a b o u t it........

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmi8dy

when are these so called electronic wizards that work for the scanner manufactures, that make more money then what their worth figure out that a recharging saddle is so much better than a plug in thing that plugs into the hand held scanner. a charging saddle is easyer. faster.and more convient.so on and so on. it would be a holder and a charger at the same time or at least make it an asessory option.

DickH

when are these so called electronic wizards that work for the scanner manufactures, that make more money then what their worth figure out that a recharging saddle is so much better than a plug in thing that plugs into the hand held scanner. a charging saddle is easyer. faster.and more convient.so on and so on. it would be a holder and a charger at the same time or at least make it an asessory option.

That's the least of it. Compare a scanner to a smart phone in size, functions, volume, etc., etc.

dmg1969

Despite the misspellings, punctuation issues and run-on sentences, I think I get the point. You want a scanner that sits in a cradle (not a saddle) to charge? Kind of like a Baofeng UV-5R HT?

rapidcharger

This would be really nice. I agree. The first generation cell phones had charging cradles and at the time I wondered why I couldn't just stick my scanners in one too. It would be a lot more convenient

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Many cellphones now use inductive (wireless) charging, the Samsung Galaxy S6 for example. Just lay it down on a pad and it charges.

But this would assume scanner manufacturers were interested in innovative hardware. I am still waiting for basic functionality like, you know, a proper I/Q demodulator for good decoding of LSM simulcast. That has yet to happen, so asking for anything else innovative is like asking to squeeze wine from water.

Status
Not open for further replies.