Roselle FD on NJICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Picking them up today loud and clear, no audio issues. They are also still broadcasting on their old frequency.

ansky

I agree they sound good. On the other hand, Belleville, Little Falls, and Fairfield sound terrible today.

Analogrules

I still hear Roselle PD on their normal 477.550 frequency only. However, it appears someone updated the NJICS talkgroups with Roselle PD, FD, OEM, etc...

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Just got my Handheld BCD325P2 and found that Roselle was in the list, this evening heard an EMS call for Roselle Fire... sounded great. (Union Simulcast).

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
The borough is in the migration process of getting new radios into their vehicles so some are still using old UHF and others are on new 700. Once everyone is moved over they will only use UHF as a tactical or backup channel. This will remain in place until the T-Band channels need to be relinquished. They will continue to keep UHF in their vehicles to communicate with other agencies still on UHF that would be part of the mutual aid system.

Analogrules

I just heard the police on NJICS too. Looks like they just made the move too. Note, they are using Phase 2, NOT phase 1 as the re db indicates. That goes for FD too. Since they are on Phase 2, they sound terrible on my bcd436 just like Elizabeth.

WQPW689

I just heard the police on NJICS too. Looks like they just made the move too. Note, they are using Phase 2, NOT phase 1 as the re db indicates. That goes for FD too. Since they are on Phase 2, they sound terrible on my bcd436 just like Elizabeth.

I grabbed a Remtronix REM 800B for use with my 436 and Elizabeth PD reception vastly improved even with the SMA to BNC adapter (have a WS1080 also, that's why the BNC)

I'm getting much better State Police GSP and TP Comms reception also.

I'm the other way from you, in Hudson County, but it really helped.

Analogrules

I may look into upgrading the antenna like you mentioned. The scanner has no problem receiving Phase 1 though, so I'm just not sure if a better antenna would improve Phase 2. But, I hope that's the one simple fix it needs.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Time for a RR DB submission

OK if both Police and FD are using the NJICS, need the talk-groups they are both using with a submission to RR DB.

Thanks

Max:cool:

Analogrules

TG's are already up there under Union County. They've been there for a couple days already.

Pursuit

Is PD still being heard? I am hearing FD and dpw but not Police on the West Orange site. After checking the last 24 hours of logs i have 2 hits on PD with no audio heard and several hundred hits on dpw and fire.

ansky

Is PD still being heard? I am hearing FD and dpw but not Police on the West Orange site. After checking the last 24 hours of logs i have 2 hits on PD with no audio heard and several hundred hits on dpw and fire.

I listened for about 2 hours tonight and didn't hear Roselle PD at all.

ansky

Elizabeth PD sounds pretty good on my HP2. I would think the 436 is built the same, if not very similar. I use an adjustable telescoping antenna (the HP2 stock antenna was not very good). It's worth trying a different antenna.

Analogrules

Thanks Ansky. I have been hearing that from several folks regarding having a better antenna may be the simple remedy for my Phase 2 reception issues. I only heard PD once yesterday key up and ask "Can you copy me?" Seems like they are still testing the radios and not on tbe PD channels full time yet.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
PD is NOT officially on the system yet. Still testing. As I get the word from them I will let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.