BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Transfer frequencies from Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcmita

Hello!!

I am try to CTRL+C and CTRL+V frequencies from excel.
When i paste on Sentinel, it shows a screen "You can not paste".

I am try change ( . ) for ( , ) and nothing!

I I need to do some formatting in Excel before copy?

As my frequencies list is too large, makes impracticable do it manually!

Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
For x36 Sentinel, if you create a row (+), you can then paste and it will add rows as needed.

Try a one or just few rows at a time initially. Large amounts may cause other issues.

I'ts a bit tricky and it's best to play a bit. Expect some weird things to happen... just delete and try again.

rcmita

I did just that, and still the same problem!
It would not be the format of the cell that can be generating the problem?
Any other option solution!?
Thanks !

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
Are you copying one column of data, multiple columns and rows?

I just did a test and copied a single column of frequencies from Excel (Cntl-C) and then pasted them into Sentinel an empty new row as new frequencies.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Another option is to use Butel's ARC536 (works for both the BCD436HP and the BCD536HP models) software. It is very easy to paste back and forth with Excel. There is a time-limited trial version available, and afterwards you have the option to buy if you so choose. I use Sentinel to update the DB and firmware, but typically use ARC536 to manage favorite lists and copy/paste with Excel data.

rcmita

Are you copying one column of data, multiple columns and rows?

I just did a test and copied a single column of frequencies from Excel (Cntl-C) and then pasted them into Sentinel an empty new row as new frequencies.

I copy only single column(frequencies)
I tried multiples format, and nothing!!

rcmita

Another option is to use Butel's ARC536 (works for both the BCD436HP and the BCD536HP models) software. It is very easy to paste back and forth with Excel. There is a time-limited trial version available, and afterwards you have the option to buy if you so choose. I use Sentinel to update the DB and firmware, but typically use ARC536 to manage favorite lists and copy/paste with Excel data.

I will try this software to do this, and the sentinel to update the firmware !!!

although I prefer the Sentinel because already got used to the interface!
Thanks

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Here's another thought: In Sentinel are you in the edit mode of the favorite list you are trying to copy.paste with? You can't just be in the default Sentinel view to edit things. Try manually editing somethign first and if that's successful then try the copy paste. Since you're in Brazil your commands/keyboard may be different than ours so try to use the drop down menus for copy/paste as well.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Try this:

Create a row in Sentinel and set it up with the right data (frequency, description, etc).

Copy from the Favorites List Editor into Excel.

Set up your data in Excel to match the row you pasted out of Sentinel's FL editor into Excel.

Copy and paste from Excel into the FL editor. Note, you have to have at least one row empty in order to paste the data.

rcmita

I tried to do all this, but nothing worked!
Including installed Butel's ARC536, and it sends the frequencies for the scanner as 0.0000!

I'm trying to change the Windows locale settings!

Nothing until now!

Status
Not open for further replies.