BC125AT: Antenna Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1JWJ

Have my first beginner scanner on the way (Uniden BC125AT). Have read that many aftermarket antennas work better than the stock rubber duck.

I will be monitoring the local police, fire, ems and also air bands.

Any performance improving antenna suggestions/experiences?

Also, wondering if my roof mounted Diamond dual band vertical would work on this radio if I set up a switching system to utilize it and my Kenwood V71a?

Jeff

bigcam406

i use the Watson W-801 antenna on my BC125AT,and also use it on my other handhelds(PSR500,BC95XLT) as i find it the most versatile for most frequencies at my location.as far as your roof mounted antenna,i cant see a reason why you wouldnt be able to use it.

SCPD

QRT
Antenna Reccomendatinos For Your Beartcat AT-125

You can also mount a Hustler Magnetic mount antenna outside your house on the air conditioner and if you use it in your car(Providing you don't have central air)Or I would get Hustler Magnetic Mount Antenna. I hope this information helps you. The previous poster also had a good suggestion for you too.
Happy July 4th holiday.

Bob

DickH

Also, wondering if my roof mounted Diamond dual band vertical would work on this radio if I set up a switching system to utilize it and my Kenwood V71a?
Jeff

And if you forget to throw the switch - even for just a millisecond - it will likely burn out the front end of your scanner. Not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.