Hello all New to scanning these days what a diffrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberthaw01

My name is Viv had a scanner years ago and now bought a bearcat BCT 15X and talk about complicated wow
Will be looking for some information about it here thanks for letting me join.

Viv

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Welcome back to the radio world.
What the others have said, take your time, don't be afraid to play with your BCT, I promise you it won't explode! You can always do a reset with today's modern radios if something doesn't work right.

wtp

radio to computer

i have found it easier to think of the new ones as a computer that receives radio,
unlock a system = open a folder
open a couple of folders = listen to a couple of things

yes the unidens can scan a system or more and custom and service search and have close call on all at once. it can get confusing, but makes sense after a while. any questions just come here.
have fun.

marksmith

The 15x is indestructible compared to the new unidens. There is basically nothing you can do that you can't recover from. If you stick with figuring it out you will enjoy it.

When you hit any walls just leave your questions here and there are a ton of people to respond with help.

Mark
536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

mark40

Premium Subscriber
Welcome and enjoy the challenges. Having been an direct entry guy for so long it was sometimes difficult but rewarding once I leaned how to manage newer scanners.

I like the way wtp summarizes it by saying "unlock a system = open a folder
open a couple of folders = listen to a couple of things"

Have fun don't give up

Aberthaw01

Thank you all for the welcomes I will definitely be asking a few questions I wish there was software install and bingo lol and I think the UK is a bit different than the rest of the world topical and trucked channels haven't got a clue lol

Anyway thanks for the welcomes and advice THUMBS UP

Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.