BR330T: Software compatibility with Windows 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech1

Last month I purchased a new computer and it has Windows 8.1 on it. Can I upload the software for the BR330T to my new computer ? According to the label it states it can only be used for Windows XP and 2000. I was able to upload it to my previous computer that has Windows Vista on it and it worked ok. Would I be able to upload it to my new computer ? And will it work ? Is there an upgrade for this software ? Is there new software for this scanner available ? Any suggestions ?

Voyager

Try it and see. Might want to use Compatibility Mode on it when you try running it.

Tech1

BR330T Software compatibility with Windows 8.1

I finally got around to re-install my software for my BR330T scanner radio today. I can tell you it took about 5 min's and it was done. Thank you to everyone who responded.

jimsmowin

well enough is enough i have about 4 hrs in trying to make free scan and my uniden 996 xt work i am done. after reading and changing and restarting i have nothing any one want to trade for a radio shack.

Tech1

Here's an update: I plugged in my BR330T to the USB port on the front of my computer and got the following message "Serial port is not available or used by other software". Ok now what do I do ? The software uploaded with no problem and now the dam thing doesn't want to work. How can I fix this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.