Possible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handwiper

Is it possible to use Unitrunker to have specific voice receivers locked to only one talkgroup, I'm trying to stream multiple talkgroups to broadcastify all at once with my setup. I have an airspy and 1 RTL-SDR. I have 3 different talkgroups to monitor and send to 3 different streams.

If i cant do it in unitrunker, can i do it using op25? or any other way?

dooshorama

to be clear: you want to run 1 copy of unitrunker, with 2 receivers and 3 voice VCOs; each VCO monitoring only one particular talkgroup?

a problem i see with 1 voice receiver is that you can only tune-in to 1 voice call. even if you were able to lock into multiple talkgroups, if one talkgroup is active, you'll miss the call on the other talkgroups in the meantime - unless i'm mistaken.

if you had multiple voice receivers, then the question is whether unitrunker distributes simultaneous calls to different receivers? hmm.

handwiper

to be clear: you want to run 1 copy of unitrunker, with 2 receivers and 3 voice VCOs; each VCO monitoring only one particular talkgroup?.

Yes, that's right.

So...

Talkgroup "1" Raw Output -------> Vac Line 1 ------> DSD+------>Line 2 output--------->Scannercast Feed 1
Talkgroup "2" Raw output------->Vac Line 3-------->DSD+-------->Line 4 output------->Scannercast feed 2
Talkgroup "3" Raw output------->Vac Line 5-------->DSD+-------->Line 6 output------->Scannercast feed 3

But if there's another way to do so in linux, i may want to do that.

a problem i see with 1 voice receiver is that you can only tune-in to 1 voice call. even if you were able to lock into multiple talkgroups, if one talkgroup is active, you'll miss the call on the other talkgroups in the meantime - unless i'm mistaken..

If i have 3 different voice receivers, they all receive at the same time.

Another problem i have is that the airspy doesnt quite have enough bandwidth to cover the full range of the system i am trying to monitor (851-860). It is quite choppy when you start getting into multiple voice channels receiving at once, because unitrunkers "sliding window" keeps trying to correct itself and never stays on a single center frequency, so you end up with unreadable, error-ridden signals...

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The listening criteria for each VCO / receiver is somewhat limited. You can choose a listening threshold and group vs. unit to unit calls. That's it.

UniTrunker | Voice Following

However, each VCO / receiver can also Hold on to a specific talkgroup.

This would be a bit of pain to get going because the call has to be active for the hold feature to work.

Each time you restarted the program or rebooted your server, you'd have to repeat the procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.