Changing Service Types

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Setting up a WS1080 for a older relative. He will not have the ability to make changes via the software, no computer.

One setting I use a great deal on my Uniden models is turning off/on Service Types on the radio itself, on the fly.

I was telling him about this option and he said it would be nice to listen to different types of services on different days. Just EMS Dispatch on Monday, Law Dispatch on Tuesday, etc.

Does this setting exist on a WS1080 radio itself?

Thanks.

troymail

Silent Key
Two options I can think of:

- if you're using location based programming/importing (by Zip code, County, etc.), all of the SERVICE types for all of the systems/channels are loaded into separate Scanlists (151-181); for example, Law Dispatch is loaded into Scanlist 152, Fire Dispatch is 153, etc.

- you can also do some manual programming and break up system talkgroups or conventional channels and place them in separate scanlists for more specific programming and control

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
This is from page 39 of the manual...

1. In the main menu, select Search, and press right arrow to enter to the search menu.
2. Select Service Search and press right arrow
3. Scroll through the available services, select a service, and press right arrow to start the search.
4. Press MENU to stop search which enters service menu.

Just great you are helping out a relative. The more I talk with mine, the more I like dogs.

SCPD

QRT
Two options I can think of:

- if you're using location based programming/importing (by Zip code, County, etc.), all of the SERVICE types for all of the systems/channels are loaded into separate Scanlists (151-181); for example, Law Dispatch is loaded into Scanlist 152, Fire Dispatch is 153, etc.

- you can also do some manual programming and break up system talkgroups or conventional channels and place them in separate scanlists for more specific programming and control

Thanks for the response.

I figured that the manual programming and break up scanlists approach would probably be required but thought I would ask first before doing that.

This is from page 39 of the manual...

1. In the main menu, select Search, and press right arrow to enter to the search menu.
2. Select Service Search and press right arrow
3. Scroll through the available services, select a service, and press right arrow to start the search.
4. Press MENU to stop search which enters service menu.

Just great you are helping out a relative. The more I talk with mine, the more I like dogs.

Thanks as well. I should have been more clear. Sorry.

I am referring to turning off/on Service Types based on scanlists I will create not the entire band. On my Uniden's, it is a function (Menu/Func then Service Type, then toggle off/on or on the HP-2 click on/off.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I called Whistler earlier today as well to see if this setting/option could be added (firmware) like the simple Uniden function (Menu/Func then Service Type) and spoke with a very knowledgeable gentleman who stated "not a week goes by, that someone doesn't ask for/about this" and it has been "in the works, from the early days of this model". No time frame was given, of course.

I am looking hard at the WS1095 for mobile use and am baffled why this setting/option was omitted from Whistler/GRE and I guess RadioShack branded units.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
why cant it?

You have scan lists and scan sets why couldnt one be used for a Service Types? I use my scan sets for dividing up my stuff.

Scan Set 1 say name it Towing add all the scan lists that have towing frequencies.

Scan Set 2 say name it Search and Rescue add all the scan lists with search and rescue frequencies

Or do it with Scan lists .......Fire all the fire frequencies in Fire or scanlist 1.

If you do zip code the above is not possible but it does like someone else mentioned divide the scan lists in the upper tiers to the Pre named scanlists like AIRBAND,FIRE DISPATCH ,Etc.

On the 668 radio shack Playlists and Play Sets (yeah they renamed em)

Attachments

• rsz_dsc00059.jpg
    rsz_dsc00059.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
You can accomplish exactly what the OP is trying to do just by programming your scanlists as needed (with each scanlist having TG's for a particular service).

You can also use ScanSets if you so desire to accomplish the same thing, and using it to combine scanlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.