Toronto Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Incase anyone is curious - there's nothing wrong with your radio. TFS has stopped voicing their dispatches over the Dispatch talkgroups. It is done via automated dispatch over an IP system, just the same as Toronto Paramedic Services. The only time now you'll hear a dispatch over the air is for an "on the air" call, where one of the dispatched trucks is out of station. This will happen on the Operations channel for their respective command.

AOD999

Incase anyone is curious - there's nothing wrong with your radio. TFS has stopped voicing their dispatches over the Dispatch talkgroups. It is done via automated dispatch over an IP system, just the same as Toronto Paramedic Services. The only time now you'll hear a dispatch over the air is for an "on the air" call, where one of the dispatched trucks is out of station. This will happen on the Operations channel for their respective command.
As of today? I heard them yesterday.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Is the ops channel also being used as the backup for when IP goes down? One installation I'm familiar with (not in Toronto) has IP as default with a backup talkgroup used in that fashion. Units on the air aren't dispatched by Locution at all - it's left to be done manually.

_jabber_

How would @tofire (fire incidents on twitter) be getting dispatches then, seeing how they are not affiliated with TFS or the City. They look like they have not been affected.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't be surprised if it was not going to be until after PanAm. The City is so hell-bent on making PanAm a success, I don't think they're going to upset the apple cart at all until it is over.

DMRAPX

I agree with Mike regarding the City going overboard with the success of the PanAm. Lets hope there are no bad apples, it only takes one to spoil it for everyone.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Pan Am isn't a joined issue, other than it's possibly using up manpower.

Senior officials at TFS are aware of the issue (namely the fire chief) and they want the automated dispatches over the P25 system. My understanding is it's in the works. Might take some time but a number of TFS brass are well aware.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
It was a very intentional thing to not have them put over the air. I had heard that the online CAD was going to be taken down for PanAm - thankfully that isn't the case. Or, maybe it IS the case, and they're just supressing PanAm related incidents.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Intentional, sort of...it wasn't part of their original plan to put it over the air until it was raised with the chiefs. Now it's on their radar.
Trust me, it has nothing to do with Pan Am and there was never a plan for the CAD to be taken down. You'll notice the Pan Am trucks on the CAD if they're on a call (P551, 552, 661, 662 if I'm not mistaken).

TheWarlock

It was a very intentional thing to not have them put over the air. I had heard that the online CAD was going to be taken down for PanAm - thankfully that isn't the case. Or, maybe it IS the case, and they're just supressing PanAm related incidents.

Is it just me or has the CAD not been updated in a while?

AOD999

Is it just me or has the CAD not been updated in a while?
I've been listening most of today. it seems its frozen, or as if it was intentionally withheld. Also, Cheifs and fire crew don't even mention addresses anymore. only time you hear it is when its an on air dispatch on ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.