Changes to the New London Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I submitted some changes that just posted to the database for New London. Anyone care to take a look at see what I missed?

I submitted for East Lyme, Groton, New London, Waterford

brndnstffrd

No i meant the typo on the DB, it says Gronton (city) instead of Groton (city). Someone put an extra N in there.
Unless that was the joke an i missed it. Idk its 3 AM, what do you expect?

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
The changes you made are are not readily apparent since they were not highlighted in the database. Don't no why not. I've noticed this a lot with changes to this database.

B.K.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
The folowing changes should be corrected:
New London Fire is still using 460.6375 192.8 for station alerting.
Waterford and New London fire should still be using 856.2375 and 857.2375 Nac 293 as fire ground channels although I have not confirmed same. Will keep hunting for other changes.

B.K.

brian943

database

The changes you made are are not readily apparent since they were not highlighted in the database. Don't no why not. I've noticed this a lot with changes to this database.

B.K.

Agree with you, out of the 35 or so changes noted in the log, NONE are highlighted, a total waste of time to even notify us.

sefrischling

New London Fire is still using 460.6375 192.8 for station alerting.
Waterford and New London fire should still be using 856.2375 and 857.2375 Nac 293 as fire ground channels although I have not confirmed same.

I have not heard anything on 460.6375 in some time, close to a year. Is it now very low power, because, I have been a block or so from a station as they were called out many times and the UHF never comes up any more.

I had been informed a while back that

were no longer in use, and only the trunked Tac channels were in use.

sefrischling

Agree with you, out of the 35 or so changes noted in the log, NONE are highlighted, a total waste of time to even notify us.

Sorry to waste your time. I don't do the update, I'm not an admin. I was seeking in put to see if people saw errors or knew of other changes.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Ok guys, I hate getting conflicting information back and forth via database updates.

Lets hash stuff out here, and then submit to the database (I am not the only one for CT, but I tend to do a bunch of them).

To help us, please try to submit changes in the following manner:

Type in (or highlight then try to properly format) the current database line that needs to be changed,

Then under it in the same format, type in the correction and/or note what part needs to be changed.

We get submissions that just have "PL 156.7" needs to be added with NO additional information to long essay's on how system y should be changed because system x 5 states away is formatted a certain way.

All I personally want to know is what is wrong, in detail, and what needs to be changed, in detail.

This is not pointed to one specific person(s), it just makes our lives easier.

In addition, CONFIRMED, by you (the submitter) information, is really the only acceptable way to submit. Offical sources is always welcomed. However, FCC data alone, or rumors and the such is not acceptable. This generates inaccurate entries for everyone then becomes a mess to clean up.

This is also why I deprecate information for a min of 30 days before its deleted, in case I need to resurrect the information. Once its actually deleted, its unrecoverable.

There is a feature we have to "suppress" the timestamp update, which highlights the changes in green for 24 hours. If items are deleted, sometimes the category will show a star, but obviously the deleted item will not appear. The county should be green for a day and then yellow for 7 days. If I go in and make administrative changes (Typo's, etc) I'll check that box. The flip side is, when I did let It go green, there would be a bunch of posts of "hey what changed, looks the same". Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Sometimes its just the browser using its cache and not updating with the new information.

Last edited:

brndnstffrd

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard anything on 460.6375 in some time, close to a year. Is it now very low power, because, I have been a block or so from a station as they were called out many times and the UHF never comes up any more.

I had been informed a while back that
were no longer in use, and only the trunked Tac channels were in use.

Within the last two weeks or so I heard a call dispatched on 460.6375 for a medical call on a radio withouy P/L capabilities that I don't always monitor. Do not know if this is the norm or someone pushed the wrong button on the console. I'll park that radio on the frequency and see what happens.

I have to defer to you on 856.2375 and 857.2375 since I am not close enought to hear them.

B.K.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Ok guys, I hate getting conflicting information back and forth via database updates.

Lets hash stuff out here, and then submit to the database (I am not the only one for CT, but I tend to do a bunch of them).

To help us, please try to submit changes in the following manner:

Type in (or highlight then try to properly format) the current database line that needs to be changed,

Then under it in the same format, type in the correction and/or note what part needs to be changed.

We get submissions that just have "PL 156.7" needs to be added with NO additional information to long essay's on how system y should be changed because system x 5 states away is formatted a certain way.

All I personally want to know is what is wrong, in detail, and what needs to be changed, in detail.

This is not pointed to one specific person(s), it just makes our lives easier.

In addition, CONFIRMED, by you (the submitter) information, is really the only acceptable way to submit. Offical sources is always welcomed. However, FCC data alone, or rumors and the such is not acceptable. This generates inaccurate entries for everyone then becomes a mess to clean up.

This is also why I deprecate information for a min of 30 days before its deleted, in case I need to resurrect the information. Once its actually deleted, its unrecoverable.

There is a feature we have to "suppress" the timestamp update, which highlights the changes in green for 24 hours. If items are deleted, sometimes the category will show a star, but obviously the deleted item will not appear. The county should be green for a day and then yellow for 7 days. If I go in and make administrative changes (Typo's, etc) I'll check that box. The flip side is, when I did let It go green, there would be a bunch of posts of "hey what changed, looks the same". Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Sometimes its just the browser using its cache and not updating with the new information.

Appreciate your efforts. Thanx!!!

sefrischling

OK, have 460.6375 in a base scanner with 3ft antenna, hear nothing. Earlier I was out parked in the convenience store lot across from NLFD HQ, had 460.6375 in a mobile scanner with external VHF 1/4 whip, as well as in my UHF XTS3000, so I have PL and no PL radios on 460.6375, and have not heard anything on this frequency.

There have been at least a dozen calls. Four went out while I was across the street from NLFD HQ, 3 EMS, one alarm. Not a peep.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
OK, have 460.6375 in a base scanner with 3ft antenna, hear nothing. Earlier I was out parked in the convenience store lot across from NLFD HQ, had 460.6375 in a mobile scanner with external VHF 1/4 whip, as well as in my UHF XTS3000, so I have PL and no PL radios on 460.6375, and have not heard anything on this frequency.

There have been at least a dozen calls. Four went out while I was across the street from NLFD HQ, 3 EMS, one alarm. Not a peep.

Wrong buttom????/

w1haf

Last I knew both Waterford and New London use the 800 system for Station Alerting. The old New London to Voc Alarm system was used as a backup when they first changed over. I don't believe it is active anymore. I will check for sure and report back. I will also check the Waterford Fireground frequency. I have never heard them use the 856.2375 and 857.2375. I have been close enough and heard nothing. It was supposed to be analog FM on Fireground. .

Status
Not open for further replies.