Lockport/Cresthill IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
These towns dispatched by "WESCOM PLFD" , they were on 155.730 but now there using the new Will County P25 digital system (not ENC).....Not sure how long, there TG1409.....

pickupman36

Are they still in the testing phase of this system at a single site location? I cannot hear it out east.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
For now it only has three sites and is limited....Will Co is in planning to go with a digital system combining the EDACS and Digital system into one large sytem using all sites....Who knows if it will be "ENC" like the SECRET Joliet is.....Living here you never know when a emergency arises , in the last set of bad WX they set off there tornado sirens when the funnel was in Grundy Co .....

pickupman36

I thought scanning was all over for all EASTCOM dispatched PD's when they went to SC21 on one of the ENC TG. This is good news that maybe they will be going to their own P25 system. Hopefully Phase I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully that will happen, I can't believe those small towns went "ENC"...Starting on last Monday Lockport/Cresthill have left the WCo Dig system and have now returned to 155.730.....

AC9BX

It appears it is on the P25 system again. Not sure if it's permanent this time but it seems like it.

AC9BX

I've been logging continuously for about 2 days. Initially the base was still going out over VHF while mobiles were on P25 only. Then all back to VHF. Then yesterday VHF would be completely silent with everything on P25.

VHF was silent all night. As of about 6AM local, activity was on VHF again but only for an hour or 2. VHF is again silent. The control channel has changed to 859.5875 (which I did not yet have programmed in the scanner, no wonder I didn't hear any police dispatching for a few hours, I've been watching it with software and my SDR)
As of right now, 11 local time, it's all still on P25 and nothing of VHF.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you have it correct, there back on the WC-P25 system, the WC-P25 system was shut down last nite maybe setting up new "CC" ....Sounds very good for only "3" sites, it actually has "6" freqys but not all being used.....You can see them on this web site "database" under Will Co P25 System.....

AC9BX

Unitrunker on the control channel only comes up with 3 frequencies. I know there's at least a 4th based on the licenses in use. I was looking at the licenses with locations (the EDACS system has more) and emission types that agree with frequencies found in use. I'm sure it will expand in time. For now each message toggles between the two output frequencies. I know there's a few frequencies on the license for EDACS system that also have emission types suitable for P25 at the same locations.

New talk groups 2100 and 1410 popped up, just once, no message, could be errors.

So, after several requests in a row to repeat, several misunderstandings, and some *R2D2*, the dispatcher said, (direct quote) "These radios are horrible."
When things are working as they should be it sounds great. Audio quality is impressive. But occasionally even dispatch output is garbage.

I know our scanners aren't intended to be as good as these commercial units. But I've been at this since I was a kid and withing reason I hear what they hear. It's obvious these new digital radios that I have the pleasure of paying more taxes for for public service use simply do not get the job done as well as good ol' analog FM.

I live near the Green Garden tower which is a very busy place, a great many radios live there. I have plenty of signal.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, during the high level bridge jumper incident yesterday I did see those new TG's pop up including 1411 with no audio....Been in the hobby almost 50 years and old days audio was the best...Just purchased the Uniden 325P2, yesterday during that incident it seemed like the mobile audio dropped significantly but the dispatch was load....This morning they changed CC's again...I did see sometime ago two other freqys they tried to gain but there used in Dupage Co and I think there request was turned down....That tower in LKPT does have a lot of ABEEP activity also....

AC9BX

I saw the CC change.
Yeah, tons of stuff on that tower, A-Beep, the old Pace bus trunk, much more.
I was busy during the jumper event so wasn't listening intently but did hear a few messages.
Well, enough for now, time to put on WDCB for a while.

AC9BX

Talk group 2100 is real, Joliet Junior College. I don't know if it's security or cleaners or what. There's numbered units, 1244 referred to as "44". I'm hearing a lot of traffic this morning between several people testing their new radios, having difficulty hearing each other. Dispatch has loud background hum and a squeal upon key up, which whomever it is conducting tests seems to think is normal because the mic is too sensitive.

Wow, radio techs around here are bad (not only this system but all over). I've heard testing and tune up on the air instead of into a load, ridiculous audio levels, one is way too loud, another is a whisper, all kinds of noises, interference, you name it. I bet whomever it is has never heard of a Bessel null. How do you get this job? This was then followed by the daily FD call for someone stuck in the elevator at the retirement home. (I do mean every day. They can't work an elevator but they sure can vote)

This is the silly stuff that has always made listening fun.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
In my opinion your right on the money with the techs in this area....I don't know who does the work for "Wescom" but there dials on there test equipment are wrong....There FD dispatching on North and South along with the signals are awful....Lockport is lucky there using the WC-Dig system as the VHF freqy 155.730 is total crap....I could go on but whats the use.....

MikeyC

Talk group 2100 is real, Joliet Junior College. I don't know if it's security or cleaners or what. There's numbered units, 1244 referred to as "44".

If the PD is going there too, what would the count be on how many times has JJC left Starcom? heh

cubn

Database Admin
If the PD is going there too, what would the count be on how many times has JJC left Starcom? heh
I marked the newly ID'd Will Co P25 TRS TG as the JJC Security in the database and marked their Starcom21 TG as "Deprecated". Should I have left the Starcom21 TG as active? Is it still in use?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
That's OK, was told today that JJC is moving to Will Co P25 system but there still on both.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
JJC started out with two VHF freqys years back, changed to "ABEEP " LTR then moved to Starcom....They then moved to Joliet City analog trunk system...Then they moved back to Starcom, now it looks like WC-P25 digital....I would figure they in time will move back to Starcom LOL.....

Status
Not open for further replies.