Simulcast Quiet / Boise 700/800 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

eccradiotec

Has anyone noticed the VHF simulcast for public safety has gone quiet in Boise? If anyone has information on the system and changes made please by all means let me know.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
And is it related to all the updates to the Ada County RR database that just appeared?
Changes were made to the Ada County ICAWIN and conventional databases to remove references to vhf/700 TG patches. This was based on the discussion in this thread.

Last edited:

eccradiotec

Additional Question

Did the system add a control channel that is not listed in the directory? My radios are showing cc scan

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Did the system add a control channel that is not listed in the directory? My radios are showing cc scan
I don't see any new frequencies in the FCC database for the Ada County simulcast system, so I think what is in the database is correct and shows one primary and three alternate control channels. Pro96Com software can be used to identify control channels for a P25 system.
Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - The RadioReference.com Forums
Download Pro96Com

Since the control channels can temporarily or permanently change, you need all of the primary and alternate control channels programmed into your scanner in case they do change them. It is also possible they are using a new alt. control channel from among the other previously designated voice/data channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.