Need Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
You're emailing the wrong company. It's not critical software, it's critical HIT software.

edensvision

Can ninkne help me?
Please forgive me but I seemed to have hit a brick wall. I have the police scanner version 3.1 from critical hit software. It has stopped working correctly. I have tried to update with a new download and found no joy in that and got charged again for an app I already paid for, and it's still not working. It doesn't bring up the top listened too, there's a delay but I can deal with that. But there is no longer reports, nor can you make reports. Does anyone know anything about this app? Or any other app that has reports of current incidents? they were the only app that I found that did. I have repeatedly tried emailing them for over a month and found no joy in my attempts as no one is responding. I have listened to this app for a few years with no problems. I left this question above, and I was corrected that I mistyped critical software when it's critical hit software. Didn't get any other help or an answer since though.

as well this evening, when the unfortunate news came about the Lafayette Louisiana incident, Broadcastify as well, didn't mention it on their alert either.

What's going on? Seems it started with the app I had and how Broadcastify isn't reporting an alert that became national news. No matter the national attention scanners have now become. They have been a vital public interest for decades. I pray for the continued safety and personal responsibility of all, for every personnel who work in these fields and the public's continued support of them.

Any help is asked and needed please.

edensvision

Sorry for the above typos. Can no one help me at all? Surely someone knows something? Broadcastify didn't even post an alert for the awful shooting in Louisiana. Are alerts no longer available online or in apps? Is there new regulations that I haven't seen? What am I missing?

edensvision

Thank you very much

I started listening to a scanner over 20 years ago. It did not have the correct line of frequencies for the area I moved to so I wasn't able to listen anymore. Years later I got another one, and right now it only picks up my local area. I really don't know how to see if it will pick up anything more, and I live in a construction zone right now so I turned to my app. Which has been awesome until recently it no longer provides reports and you can't make any and no one from criticalhitsoftware is responding to my texts. So I turned to Broadcastify for alerts and still listened with my app.

Now if I can get a different scanner and do all the wonderful things people pick up outside their area that everyone else seems to do, please refer me to how to learn and what scanner I need? Or is their a better app?

I understand that :: IPN :: Nationwide Fire & Police Incident Notification provides alerts sometimes on Broadcastify. That is a paid service and I'm considering it, unless someone has any other places I can go to? Now Audio Feeds with Active Alerts Is also a major page Broadcastify provides for listeners. That is the page I was referring to. So who provides those alerts for that page? It is working but it did not show an alert for the Louisiana incident and that's the first time I saw it didn't provie an alert to a nation news incident. I don't know if it's litterally the first time, it's just the first time I came to listen and didn't see an alert. I listened to the Boston marathon incident, St. Louis, Baltimore and others, they all had alerts on that page. I'm asking specifically because I know that there are talks about blocking the public from listening because the criminals are also listening. So that's a big problem for sure.

I was also wondering if those national news incidents are no longer going to be provided alerts? On Broadcastify or anywhere else?

I want to know what's going on, I don't rely on the news to tell me, nor witnesses alone. This why I tune in like everyone else I suppose. I don't go to my local incident scenes and I have the utmost respect for all the first responders.

If you or anyone else can offer me a replacement equipment, web site for incident reports, and or an app that does it, please tell me. If there's anyway to help me find what Im looking for and can't post it, please email me.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
I started listening to a scanner over 20 years ago. It did not have the correct line of frequencies for the area I moved to so I wasn't able to listen anymore. Years later I got another one, and right now it only picks up my local area. I really don't know how to see if it will pick up anything more, and I live in a construction zone right now so I turned to my app. Which has been awesome until recently it no longer provides reports and you can't make any and no one from criticalhitsoftware is responding to my texts. So I turned to Broadcastify for alerts and still listened with my app.

Now if I can get a different scanner and do all the wonderful things people pick up outside their area that everyone else seems to do, please refer me to how to learn and what scanner I need? Or is their a better app?

I understand that :: IPN :: Nationwide Fire & Police Incident Notification provides alerts sometimes on Broadcastify. That is a paid service and I'm considering it, unless someone has any other places I can go to? Now Audio Feeds with Active Alerts Is also a major page Broadcastify provides for listeners. That is the page I was referring to. So who provides those alerts for that page? It is working but it did not show an alert for the Louisiana incident and that's the first time I saw it didn't provie an alert to a nation news incident. I don't know if it's litterally the first time, it's just the first time I came to listen and didn't see an alert. I listened to the Boston marathon incident, St. Louis, Baltimore and others, they all had alerts on that page. I'm asking specifically because I know that there are talks about blocking the public from listening because the criminals are also listening. So that's a big problem for sure.

I was also wondering if those national news incidents are no longer going to be provided alerts? On Broadcastify or anywhere else?

I want to know what's going on, I don't rely on the news to tell me, nor witnesses alone. This why I tune in like everyone else I suppose. I don't go to my local incident scenes and I have the utmost respect for all the first responders.

If you or anyone else can offer me a replacement equipment, web site for incident reports, and or an app that does it, please tell me. If there's anyway to help me find what Im looking for and can't post it, please email me.

IPN is a joke. Don't waste your money. They rely on 'dispatchers' to log the alerts - those are just people who happen to be listening to their scanners. IPN alerts are only listed if one of their 'dispatchers' actually heard it and logged it. Considering the manner in which they treat their 'dispatchers' (who are just volunteers who don't get paid), it's a wonder they have any left.

The Broadcastify "Alert Feeds" page is simply a list of feeds where the feed owner has put an alert out because they heard something going on. Like Mike said, Broadcastify has absolutely nothing to do with the alerts. Some owners put out alerts for every little incident, some of us only do it for 'major' happenings like wildfires and police chases. It all depends on the owner and whether or not they happen to be listening - and have access to their feed control panel - when the event breaks.

Last edited:

edensvision

Thank you

I thank you for explaining some things. I shall go back to the drawing board and start learning more. If anyone else has anything to say or would like to comment. Please do so. Any help advice or directions are needed wanted and daughter for.

Status
Not open for further replies.