Henderson County Upgrade Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Any updates on Henderson,Ky Phase II 700 Mhz system.
All I heard so far 700 Mhz MOTOROLA Phase II
Heard two things one it will be a 3 site system someone else said 6 sites.
I leaning more toward 3 sites?

Indiana16

Any updates on Henderson,Ky Phase II 700 Mhz system.
All I heard so far 700 Mhz MOTOROLA Phase II
Heard two things one it will be a 3 site system someone else said 6 sites.
I leaning more toward 3 sites?

It is a 3 site TDMA Phase 2 dynamic dual mode system.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
Sorry guys, I've been out of the picture for a while. My contact is saying that they are having "funding issues" and will wait till the new fiscal year (July 2016?) I did notice that the fire departments were applying for some coal severance money from the state for equipment so that may be whats going to happen (not sure) :confused:

Indiana16

The project has started. There was a hold up with negotiations with a tower vendor that they needed to use. Project could be done by the end of fall.

btlacer

KI4SJU/ Fire Captain/ EMTFR
Update

Well the backup dispatch antenna has been installed and they are working on the backup dispatch center. They are installing the radios in the VFD trucks last week. From the info I have gotten the system should be up by the end of October. They are going to try and do some on air test next week.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Please advise frequencies used, System ID, Primary/Alternate Control Channels, WACN, Site NAC, and any talk groups that show up.

Thanks in advance,
KD4YGG

kib669

The FCC database does not show any 700 or 800 MHz licenses nor are there any microwave frequencies.

kd4bas

Premium Subscriber
Any idea what they are going to doing with their 3 UHF tower links or are they going to be part of the new system?

kib669

Were is the FCC license information?

Does not exist! There is not anything in the database, not even a special temporary authority. Legally they cannot transmit with the system until they get a license.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Reading this newspaper article am I correct that Henderson County Agencies Like the Sheriff Dept are NOT joining the Moto 700 MHz Phase 2 system?

Console article

Also where is that CONTROL CHANNEL

kd4bas

Premium Subscriber
That article is about the new system they are planning for Union County. Our county sheriffs channel is plagued by feedback like squeals when the other console is in use.

I just hope the new system can be monitored when it comes on line (and my piggybank gets bigger) if so I'll get the data submitted. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.