Sarasota Radio Syatem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
I wonder what is going on with the Sarasota tower(s) of the county radio system, all I get on the control channel is an open squelch and when I scan for maybe a new control channel for the site I only get the Osprey site. I wonder if they are doing an upgrade for the new radio system or if there is a another issue with the site.

This is also affecting the Sarasota County Fire Feed on here as well, because at the feed location I do not get a strong enough signal from the Osprey site to be effective to listen to.

Doug

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I have a scanner on the Sarasota site and I cannot get the control channel as well.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I have all the frequencies. Is there a new one?

I had the control channel about 10 minutes ago and just checked and nothing again.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
North Tower was hit by lightning Sunday morning and they are repairing now.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
I thought it might have been hit. The CC is 853.5125 and is back on for now.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

HT-220

WB2ZRP,WRTR873
same here, started about a month ago scanner would lock up like there was an open mike. the only way i was able to get back to normal was to lock out all sites but Venice.
Before I ran North Port, Englewood,Venice and Osprey.

N2UJZ

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that was a real mess! I was listening at the time it went down. I live out by Hi Hat and lost power for a minute. After it came on in a minute no Site 1. The CC came back but there was no traffic on the site.

I was surprised that many units could not reach dispatch & there was a special announcement reminding everyone to make sure their cell phones were available for 10-74 checks.

The good thing that came out of it was I just learned to use Unitrunker's new multiple VCO's i can actually monitor the Sarasota, Osprey, and Hi Hat site control channels all at once and the voice channel will follow traffic on all 3 sites at once. Each TG is assigned a priority setting.

I posted a thread about it it in the Trunked Systems Decoding Software Forum. It might be of interest to anyone monitoring Sarasota County since it relates to the local system and the storm and all.

http://forums.radioreference.com/vo...ultiple-control-channels-duh.html#post2421513

-Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.