Emporia Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Can anyone tell me which State 800 site is closest to Emporia? Does Lyon county fall under the jurisdiction of KHP Troop H Chanute? Thanks...

peterjmag

Redneck one more question. What would be the closest K-Link ham repeater to Emporia? Does Emporia have skywarn spotters? Thanks again....

KE0MD

The .985 Emporia repeater is run by the K-Link guys, but is not linked into their system. The Matfield Green repeater should be easily hit from Emporia (maybe not with a rubber duck, but with just about any external antenna it should be doable). I've hit it with my FT-817 from Melvern Lake on a number of occasions, and even was able to key it up on Field Day from here in Allen Co.

Redneck0410

The .985 Emporia repeater is run by the K-Link guys, but is not linked into their system. The Matfield Green repeater should be easily hit from Emporia (maybe not with a rubber duck, but with just about any external antenna it should be doable). I've hit it with my FT-817 from Melvern Lake on a number of occasions, and even was able to key it up on Field Day from here in Allen Co.

Good information to know for future reference.

peterjmag

Thank you for the reply and information....

Status
Not open for further replies.